what break did Clockwork Voodoo Freaks use for...

bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Deaf Mick's Throwdown?

I've been trying to find Deaf Mick's Throwdown on vinyl for a minute too and yet, no avail.

any info would be appreciated.

respect.

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Sorry Gusto,

Never heard of this group or this record. Is this new or old?

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    It was on a couple mixes and compilations.... a couple that come to mind are: Andy Smith's "Document Volume I" and Revenge of the B-Boy Volume 1. If you hear the break you'll know what i'm talking about. shyte is nice.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    I've always wondered what that break is. It has been used in a lot of b-boy tracks.

Cant get enough of those Mohawks samples.

Have you heard Revenge Of The B-Boy 2 yet?

DJ Grand Supreme All-Mighty Wizard Danielson's Shure Shot Body Rock is THE BOMB!!!

Speaking of which, does anyone know the sample he uses in that? DJ shadow also used it in his Basic Megamix when that dudes going 'And now for (something something) combining street soul, modern scratch music and the classic r&b....'

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    It was originally on the 'Seaside Capers' EP, pressed locally in Brighton, UK. Only a few hundred were made.

You can hear it here

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    thanks for the tip man!

cheers.

• SpinatraSpinatra 39 Posts
    Pretty sure there's a sampler 12" from The Document with this on it too.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    what break did Clockwork Voodoo Freaks use for Deaf Mick's Throwdown?

Shame on us all for not recognizing it right off the bat.

Grandmaster Flash "Superrappin'"

And oh, one more thing

• umm....but was that the original?

umm....but was that the original?

A live band is backing up "Superrappin.'" They might be replaying an existing riff (and if so, likely one that we should all know but I don't) during the musical sections, but I bet they came up with that "clickety clack" percussion break themselves. CVF did add a bit of 808 bass drum (and possibly some snare) to the sample though.

umm....but was that the original?

Sorry, I meant

• seems like this is one of those braeks that slipped through the cracks.

thanks for the lead mayne. shit has had me perplexed for a good minute now.

cheers.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    late pass graemlin plaese

• Speaking of which, does anyone know the sample he uses in that? DJ shadow also used it in his Basic Megamix when that dudes going 'And now for (something something) combining street soul, modern scratch music and the classic r&b....'

Haven't listened to that Megamix track in a while, but if it's the part I'm thinking of, I'm pretty sure it's just the second part of Chameleon.