An ebay listing can make all the difference

Manduro3000Manduro3000 265 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
The word breaks in the title and a added sound clip seem to be the trick in getting more money for a record on ebay.http://cgi.ebay.com/Chappell-Library-LP-...1QQcmdZViewItemVS.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43718&item=100504523716

Comments

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    I would bid for a record from a UK dealer over a French one any day of the week (even with shitty UK mailers).

Plus you have soundclip vs. no soundclip, which is always going to reach a wider market of less experienced diggers/collectros.

• noreillenoreille 270 Posts
    I would bid for a record from a UK dealer over a French one any day of the week (even with shitty UK mailers).

??? WHY ???

Because the UK is paypal verified, and i've had less trouble personally from UK dealers, discounting the shitty mailers.

Sorry I should have been more expilicit, didn't mean to offend.

• leolyxxxleolyxxx 446 Posts
    Because the UK is paypal verified, and i've had less trouble personally from UK dealers, discounting the shitty mailers.

Sorry I should have been more expilicit, didn't mean to offend.

Hahaha regarding mailers that's exactly what the UK soul crowd is saying about the US sellers, i've experienced good or bad from both

/L

I had a record sent within Australia arrive wrapped in a chinese newspaper. They used 2 layers though....

Miraculously after 7 days in the postal system it was totally fine.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    those UK envelope mailers are the worst...there's no structure to them! blech.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    right
    only uk dealers will send a 90 dewolfe in a 4 pence wrapper
    bumbaclot

• tsmtsm 16 Posts
    those UK envelope mailers are the worst...there's no structure to them! blech.

well, there is if you use stiffeners. i've NEVER had a problem i'm aware of using these. then take into account the fact that the box type mailers are more expensive and up untill recently i've had a hard time tracking down a good supplier for them here. if i used them as standard i would have up my rate shipping rates to about ??3, which not many people would pay for here in the UK for 1 record to be shipped. so i just use them for oversea's multiple orders.

it's not the mailers that are the problem, it's people that don't know how to ship a record. i've had a record turn up in a used pizza box from the US before, it was still packed well and arrived just as safe.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

$210.35 for that shit!!? Is it a joke?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I guess some dudes/dudettes REALLY love breaks!

I always thought having a soundclip (and to a lesser extent, a picture) of certain tracks from a record was something that always that helped a sale on eBay(and online set sales also).

A virtual listening station, if you will.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

$210.35 for that shit!!? Is it a joke?

Co-sign! I wouldn't spend ten dollars on that.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Hell yes it does! It made a $700 difference for me last week.

• $210.35 for that shit!!? Is it a joke?

Co-sign! I wouldn't spend ten dollars on that.

They should've put that money towards the time machine project with that break.
    bl