DIAMOND "Stunts, Blunts & Hip Hop"

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
Correct me if I am wrong, real headz who know the deal: the original vinyl pressing of this lp was on single vinyl, right? Did it have a pic cover? Was it promo only? I just remember it being hard to find- I didn't know it even existed on vinyl until a couple years after it was released.And the double vinyl came later, but it was an official pressing, right? The one I have has a little sticker on the back saying that it's under license from Polygram Special Markets, so even the jacket art looks like a real bootleggy scan I assume that technically this is not a boot. Please let me know if any of you . Thanks.

Comments

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I'm 90% sure it was a 2LP pressing only. There was never a single vinyl.

OG has a sticker on the cover.

peace.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    2xLP pressing w/ sticker on the pic cover

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Okay... i knew my memory was not good on this. So any idea if the 2nd pressing was officially licensed or just a boot? Cuz this joint I have here looks like your typical scanned bootleg cover art but it does have that Polygram Special markets sticker on the back that makes me think it might be official- cheaply done but still official. Holla at me, baby

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts
    and it's a promo-only.

there's a few copies listed on popsike

http://popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?searchtext=diamond+d+stunts

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    I've never seen a non promo copy of this. Tony D thought he had one once, but it turned out that it was a boot. You should check vinylexchange.com for this type of knowledge. They have a 5 page thread on this very topic.

http://vinylexchange.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=2178

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Mine is definitely OG and was in shrink wrap. don't know if that means it was store stock or not, but i think most promos come unsealed.

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    Mine is definitely OG and was in shrink wrap. don't know if that means it was store stock or not, but i think most promos come unsealed.

You should post that over at VE. Dudes there will have heart attacks. I've never seen a shrink wrapped copy, but I bet that promos get shrink wrapped by accident.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    I've never seen a non promo copy of this. Tony D thought he had one once, but it turned out that it was a boot. You should check vinylexchange.com for this type of knowledge. They have a 5 page thread on this very topic.

http://vinylexchange.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=2178

Okay, good lookin' on that. I need to do just do what one of those dudes over there said, ask Diamond D himself. But to be honest, sometimes (probably MOST of the time) the hardcore collectors know more about the record than the artist who actually made it. Believe it or not.

Thanks for all infos, everyone!!!