Options

44 celcius finds

edited August 2006 in Strut Central
Found some primo stuff that helped soothe my identity-stolen soul. Lucky I caught the paypal and eBay thing right away. Still trying to get my primary address back (my apologies to anyone that been trying to contact "me").First press of an essential ode. Majestic horns throughout ...juxtaposed by Burnett deep deep vocals.Where's that Half Moon tour/milk bus now??? Funky, soulful and rootsy all at the same time - traits often attributed to Half Moon/Ossie Creary productions...and Strnger himself. Imagine how many boxes of these were sitting in his KEnsington Market shop? There is no bad songs on the LP. None. Zero. Dub work/engineering is on par with Perry/Summer/Wackies as well. Ja copy. A double.A side is an alright tune...kinda has a 80's live reggae band feel that I'm not a huge fan off. Still, it's a stepper and worthy of playing out. The dub on the other hand is tres Couple nice cuts at the end of both sides.Should be in every reggae fans collection.I love my country. Canadain press on Boot Records with "Slaving" ("Chant Down Babylon").Sweet rocksteady cut on the gorgeous JJ label.K in Canada.

Comments

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    great finds as usual....

here are mine

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

and
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

cash money and marvelous -- find an ugly woman/the mighty hard rocker
    cheif commander ebenezer obey -- and his miliki sound
    donnie elbert -- where did our love go
    johnny colon and orchestra -- boogaloo blues
    the shirelles --sing to trumpets and strings
    james carr -- a man needs a woman (finally finish my james carr collection with a mint MONO copy which were only given to radio stations)
    fela kuti -- kalakuta show
    del vikings -- and the sonnets

• Options
    Thanks, Troubleman. Forgot this one:

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

Sweet rocksteady cut on the gorgeous[/b] JJ label.

agreed, please tell me that sleeve is not hiding any additional text! wonderful looking label.

• Options
    Nope. Just as you see it.

K.

• Thanks, Troubleman. Forgot this one:

Such a great LP!

K, what's the story between that one and Book Of Rules? There's some track crossover but the title cut on the Trojan LP isn't on there! A favorite of mine.

PS I assume you didn't get my email regarding a rare Uroy record? I'll pm ya.

- J in Manhattan The Sweltering Fires Of Hell

• Options
    Yeah, I still haven't got my email back. Should be later today they said. Send me a PM, J.

K.

• roistoroisto 879 Posts

Pretty wild Turkish beat/pop 45's in mint condition.

Nice early latin LP released in the US on GNP.