Browsers? NRR

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
I have been recently having trouble with safari - crashes, freezes, and a lot of websites don't like it.Can one of you computer dudes sort me out? Is firefox the good shit? What's the mirriam websters???

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Is firefox the good shit?

yes.

I too had issues with safari. Have had no trouble so far with firefox (for about a year).

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Fiyah Fox is the only way I roll for PC. Unfortunately, it makes the web fonts look funny on my MAC. I have sinced used Safari and have had no troubles. But then again I don't surf around a lot. I pretty much stick to me bookmarks.

• kojackkojack 42 Posts
    I've gone back and forth between Safari and Firefox.

I find Safari to be quicker, and less of a resource hog, but it does have issues with compatibility with some sites.

I recently switched back to Firefox on my new MacBook because it has the power to spare to run such a beefy program. I hear good things about Camino, but it runs on basically the same guts as Firefox, yet isn't compatible with FF plugins, which are half the reason to run FF in the first place.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah, back and forth between Safari and Firefox as well. Firefox has a bunch of kinks that I can't seem to work out, and soem shortcomings, but it's pretty strong. It doesn't look as pretty as Safari though (all shiney and shit) so I keep that in my dock for other things as well.

JP you're on a Mac?

• yup.

• kojackkojack 42 Posts
    (all shiney and shit)

Try some of these themes, Mr. Baker: OS X themes for FireFox

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    (all shiney and shit)

Try some of these themes, Mr. Baker: OS X themes for FireFox

Damn that looks nice.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Oh, wait, you said browser, not Bowser. My bad.

• BeekBeek 146 Posts
    Opera is also a good option for Mac users

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    I go between Opera and Firefox. I would stick with Opera (uses less memory, doesn't crash on certain pages/scripts, etc.) exclusively, but some of the Firefox-exclusive extensions has me hooked.