HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEATY!

2»

Comments

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    HAPPY B-DAY MEATY!!!!

(late pass due to power outage.)

Me, too. Perks of living in a neighborhood where we throw up an orans every time the kitchen light comes on on the first try. Candle Strut, mother fathers.

Just don't put too many heaters on the platter come 8/12. It's my first time flying solo in public. Happy 16th, bud.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    according to the can

Terlet as oracle. I'm feeling that. (Q:"What does the future hold?" A:"Sploosh!")

Here's a rough distillation of my first dozen or so conversations with meaty:

"Hey, meaty, what's g--"

"Hey, James, do you have any local stuff--like Chicago soul or Chicago rap--that you'd be interested in trading or selling?"

One hungry motherfucker, that guy. Herculean grind. I knew his small records and big mixes before I knew him, second 'strutter I ever met out in the world (mere seconds after I met Sketch), and he's always been a real cool dude. There is much going on under his hood.

Also, if there is ever any cause to stage a Hollywood re-enactment of some Chicago-based digging-related calamity, I would submit that the part of meatyogre be played by a lightly-rouged Casey Affleck.

But yeah, a belated Happy Birthday, dude. Peace upon you and yours and your recent yours, too.

• Meaty is dude amongst dudes!

Keep rollin' holmes!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Let's not forget that Meaty is also one of the super-illest drum programmers out there.
    It's just intuition for this dude.

Ahh...I just had a great memory:

Dreas and I were scarfing Mickey D's on the way to Meaty's crib when he lived with White Lightning and crew. We finally found a parking spot and I walked up into the crib, trying to hold my skull in place after seeing Ross' Fender Rhodes Suitcase '73 in the living room, basking in full Chicago sunlight. After checking out some records in Meaty's room while he worked the fader, scratching with imaginative endlessness; I crept out to the Rhodes and laid my hands on the keys for the first time. I froze, forgetting nearly everything I knew about tickling the ivories, in the presense of something so awesome. Then Meaty stepped past me and took his seat on the drumset throne, to bang underneath my feeble attempt to mimic Lonnie Liston Smith.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Happy birthday Sir Meaty...

• TSGTSG 274 Posts
    Yeah! Happy Birthday mane!!!!

shit yeah everybody, thanks for keeping this going.

The Mango-Coconut boba tea. Could it possibly be the best birthday gift ever?

happy birthday on the belated tip.

you'll have to learn me on this boba tea jumpoff.