Razor Cell Phones

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
who else has these things?Is it just me or are they absoute pieces of shit?Just befre I bought this I remembered hearing about a razor phone recall. I asked the Verizon store guy about it and he said it was true however it didn't affect their company phones. Now I got this semi-functional cell phone who's battery lasts almost a half a day.Anybody else got some cell issues?and just to save this from being a total rant thread Moark:[/b] heres a picture of Lindsey Lohan I just found

Comments

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    what up a**m.

the look on dude's face is priceless.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    they fucking suck.

i can have three bars at 8 Am, make three calls and have the battery be dead by dinner time.

the volume always switches off in my pocket

i paid $5 a month to get the internet and it completely doesn't work and i can't figure out how to cancel the subscription.

you can't see either screen in direct sunlight.

but at least i can play a direct port of sonic 1 on it.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    they fucking suck.

i can have three bars at 8 Am, make three calls and have the battery be dead by dinner time.

the volume always switches off in my pocket

i paid $5 a month to get the internet and it completely doesn't work and i can't figure out how to cancel the subscription.

you can't see either screen in direct sunlight.

but at least i can play a direct port of sonic 1 on it it's hot pink.

• andyhoopsandyhoops 154 Posts
    I've had mine for 5 months now it's not too shitty. Battery life is much worse than it was when I first got it. What bugs me is the fact that you can see the screen when you are anywhere bright and the fact that I have tons of little pieces of dirt under the protective screen which was supposed to be fixed by my provider but of course they'll never do shit about it.

I don't know how I'm going to survive another two years with this thing...

• got mine in november and dont have a single complaint about it

no battery problems as i usually charge it about twice a week

I've heard about volume issues from people (ironically these are form people who seem to drop thier phone everytime i see them)...guess it helps that i've only dropped mine once

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    it's hot pink.

you just jealous that my closet look like PLANET OF THE BAPES.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i havent had any battery problems and ive had the phone since it first came out. maybe it's a certain batch or something? i'm making new ringtones right now cos i have nothing to do at work

• I don't know how I'm going to survive another two years with this thing...

Your in a 30 month contract ???

Got to say all my experiences with motorolar have been poor...

Just get a Nokia, always rock solid...

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    who else has these things?

Is it just me or are they absoute pieces of shit?

Just befre I bought this I remembered hearing about a razor phone recall. I asked the Verizon store guy about it and he said it was true however it didn't affect their company phones. Now I got this semi-functional cell phone who's battery lasts almost a half a day.

Anybody else got some cell issues?

and just to save this from being a total rant thread Moark:[/b] heres a picture of Lindsey Lohan I just found

its a movie scene. there are other pictures out there w/ the crew all around them.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    I got a razor back in march, no problems with it what so ever. like dude above I usually charge it maybe a couple times a week. The volume is good for me. Some times when I'm on a job and my tools hit my pocket the thing changes to vibrate or soft but it doesn't happen enough to be an issue. I'm pretty damn happy with the phone, way better than my garbage ass work phone. wish it didn't have that internet button though.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Haven't had any problems with mine yet. Each charge lasts a few days, great reception, all that jazz.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

I don't know how I'm going to survive another two years with this thing...

Your in a 30 month contract ???

Got to say all my experiences with motorolar have been poor...

Just get a Nokia, always rock solid...

I always used to love the Nokia interface but these days I think they've lost it, too many sub menus - you need a phone to be quick and accessible.

Motorola phones have given me nothing but grief and crash waaaay too often.

I'm death to most electronic devices but I think Sony Ericsson probably have the best interface around at the moment.

• I have dropped mine alot.. it turns off on me every once in a while.. for no reason.. it even happended when i was on the friggin phone !
    i will just open it up and it goes blank and have to turn it back on.. random and semi-raer.

my battery last about two days.Can't see shit in the sun.
    i still liked my nokia better. I dropped it once a day for two years.
    Still have it as back up (i know i will need it soon)

Cell Phone

• The thing that I really dislike about the razor is the software. I had a Samsung before and the ease of programming and the phone book was great. But with the Razr it's such a hastle to set up rings and god-forbid you have multiple numbers for a person.

I had a problem with the volume level, but the good thing about the phone is that it's one of the easiest to hack so I reaised the sound to the maximum. It makes the phone better, but still not what I'd like it to be.

• froz1froz1 154 Posts

I had a problem with the volume level, but the good thing about the phone is that it's one of the easiest to hack so I reaised the sound to the maximum. It makes the phone better, but still not what I'd like it to be.

which carrier do you have? Verizon has seemed to lock out alot of the features (bluetooth>PC transfers, mp3s ringtones...), unlike Cingular's razr models. I've been able to use some p2k programs to upload mp3 ringtones, but haven't been successful in raising the earpiece and ringer volume. overall im happy with the phone, just wish i could boost the volume settings.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

which carrier do you have? Verizon has seemed to lock out alot of the features (bluetooth>PC transfers, mp3s ringtones...), unlike Cingular's razr models. I've been able to use some p2k programs to upload mp3 ringtones, but haven't been successful in raising the earpiece and ringer volume. overall im happy with the phone, just wish i could boost the volume settings.

Drop some cell phone hacking knowledge if you got it ... I want to change my ringtone to an mp3 for sure! I don't mind my Razr but I have only had it for a few weeks.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    do a search for the motorola mobile phonetools program. It's pretty easy to figure out. I forgot what site I got it off of though, some cell phone hack messageboard.

• http://www.planetmotox.net/

this place is pretty decent. ive modded my phone a bunch through the stuff ive read and downloaded off there.