Record Revival Review ::: May 22nd, 2005

2»

Comments

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    legend, hope everythings allright now. you were missed.

here's the chili recipe, cut and pasted from my nutrition program:

Rainbow Chili

Ya???ll cattle rustlers know all about this down home, hearty favorite. But what???s the rainbow part all about? Think about it? All the colors inside that chili pot all have their own special flavors, vitamins, minerals and magic. Trying to ???eat the rainbow??? (not skittles!) is a sure way to make a power packed plate of food.

MAIN INGREDIENTS

16 oz. can Kidney beans
    16 oz. can Pinto beans
    16 oz can Black beans
    28 oz. can Tomatoes

1 ?? C. Carrots (chopped)
    1 ?? C. Green pepper (chopped)
    1 ?? C. Red pepper (chopped)
    1 ?? C. Onions (chopped)
    1 C. Corn (optional/1-2 ears or frozen)
    2 fresh minced Chili peppers (your favorite variety)
    3 cloves Garlic (minced)
    4 Tbs. Chili powder
    4 Tbs. Cumin
    Canola oil (to saut??)
    Salt to taste

OPTIONAL TOPPINGS:
    Sour cream, Cheddar cheese, fresh Cilantro

RECIPE (8-10 Servings)

1. Chop onions, peppers, and carrots into bite size pieces.
    2. If using fresh corn, ???shave??? corn kernels off of ears.
    3. Saut?? the onions (3-5 minutes or until clear) in a deep saucepan.
    4. Add garlic, followed by carrots and peppers
    5. If you want to include meat, add it now. Stir in & cook 10 minutes more.
    6. Drain and rinse all the beans.
    7. Add chili peppers and cumin. Stir 2 min.
    8. Stir in beans, tomatoes with their juice, corn and salt.
    9. Bring chili to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer UNCOVERED between 15 and 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
    10. Try some and adjust seasonings to taste. (remember, you can always make it saltier or spicier in your own bowl)

LIKE OTHER STEWS, YOUR CHILI WILL TASTE BETTER IF YOU LET THE DIFFERENT FLAVORINGS SIT AND MINGLE.

tripledouble notes:
    *get to know your peppers. dried ancho and chipotle peppers arent always easy to get, but they add some nice flavor if you let them stew in the pot (and then take em out).
    *Dont go light on onions, garlic, cumin and chili powder. Crucial elements.
    *This is a basic recipe. add the stuff you like to it.
    *dont be afraid of the beans. and i dont think it really matters having 3 different kinds in there.
    *it might still look a little watery after some cooking, but after you turn the fire off and give it a couple stirs, it will thicken up properly.
    *you can feed an army real cheap with this and its crazy healthy
    *canned beans and tomatoes are used to make it easier, if you want to use dry beans or whole tomatoes, its all good.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    i had my share of record related highlights and lowlights this weekend.

I'd like to get with you on some more break records that you may have left out of that $15 box... yo and the tall bald head cat who was sharing a table with Mr. Webb? How can I contact him? I had a good time and besides records, I got some info that I had been looking for as far as equipment.

This sucks, I'm at work and they got photobucket blocked! I check when I get home.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    rayray,just come out to westphilly sometime and we'll build. that dude you speak of is my family,and he lives out here too. i'll pm you his email.
    gotta give it up to cardova and rilytruffle too, cause they really helped me get my shit together for the show.
    i felt like i was surrounded by good people. good to meet you jake, i gonna listen to those records you made tonight. one,t

Let me know a good time because I'm busy alot and I know your busy too.

• I had so much fun. Thank you to everyone who put this together and made it happen. It was so nice to be around everyone there, definitely a good vibe (the beer helps). I was trying not to spend money, but after a few beers it gets hard. I'm thoroughly appreciating each of the expensive reggae records I bought yesterday though...

It was great to meet people from the board who I'd never met before, and great to see some of the people I haven't gotten to chill with in awhile.

Tony... thanks for the chili and for being the dude ever.
    Cardova thanks for taking me to Armands and for being cool as hell, I'm glad I got to meet you.
    Jonny thanks for the good conversation and company and driving and for finding me that record cause I was too lazy to look for it, you're the man

It was so nice to see everyone, I hope we do it again soon

Fluffer?

(Sorry, Ray!)

What does Fluffer mean?

Cmon Drew I know you got more pics.