Chicago! Anyone going to the Pitchfork Festival?

sloppywhitesloppywhite 230 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
Any strutters going to the Pitchfork Music Festival on Sunday?http://www.pitchforkmusicfestival.com/I'll be helping my buddy out at his poster booth all day:http://www.spikepress.com/So if you're going stop by the booth, peoples.Oh, and uh, that CSS album on Sub Pop rules! Lookin forward to seeing them.http://www.myspace.com/canseidesersexy

Comments

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    I will be in attendance after this radio show on Sunday. If I'm missing the Liars, I'm skipping the radio show.

Mike Casual Male, let's try to make contact and shit. Chicago. Beers.

• cool... stop by.

Liars rule! Sunday has got a killer line up.

mike, you gonna be in town dude?
    hollar...

• YES!

i'll be selling rock posters with my homie wezz. look for us at one of the many booths at flatstock in the SW corner of the park.

M

• I'll be helping my buddy out at his poster booth all day:

http://www.spikepress.com/

duh, i totally skipped over that part the first time i read your post.
    damn, we'll be right near each other the whole time. those spike posters are kinda fresh!
    i'll come stroll over and find you mr slopski.

M

YES!

i'll be selling rock posters with my homie wezz. look for us at one of the many booths at flatstock in the SW corner of the park.

M

save one of these for me:

this dude is seriously killing shit.

• SWEET...

it'll be nice to finally meet you in person, mike. you rock glasses right?

my buddy bought this one from you guys:

the detail on that is

• YES!

M

sold out :----(

we will have his brand new dianogah (chicago represent) posters though!

YES!

M

damn! if those ever get reprinted, I am first in line.

how abouta this one?

• tirefiretirefire 203 Posts
    This lurker will be there. Wouldn't miss Os Mutantes for the world.

• we got a couple of the racebannon ones left and they'll be with us in chicago.
    i'll try to hold on to one for you, but it's likely all of our horkey stuff will go quickly.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    YES!

M

damn! if those ever get reprinted, I am first in line.

how abouta this one?

Your links aren't working. If you're talking about Jay Ryan and The Bird Machine, though, I've got 30-35 of his posters in my collection. It's amazing what posters get tossed here in Hipsterville.

• Those posters are fresh. I saw one at quimbys and when I asked if they knew who made it all i got was attitude.

Dcastillo, speaking of posters, I got a file for 8x10s or I can get you some printed for the 12th. holler if theres any goings on this weekend.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    anyone trying to scalp a ticket?

i slept for too long, but the wluw tent still beckons...

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    but the wluw tent still beckons...

See, I'm thinking: 95?? + direct sunlight = a lot of people with melted copies of Beard of Stars.

Which reminds me: I'm still planning for a t-shirt that reads: "Leave Marc Bolan Alone." Hot or not? Not that it matters.

95?? + direct sunlight = a lot of people with melted copies of Beard of Stars.

This is the funniest shit I've read all week.

And at the same time (so true)

((I only fuck with the CD reissue))

• SexyBNyceSexyBNyce 371 Posts
    I didnt realize there was so many poster dudes chillin around here.

everybody go hollar at my boys Billy and J doh at Delicious Design Group.

• TSGTSG 274 Posts
    Any strutters going to the Pitchfork Music Festival on Sunday?

http://www.pitchforkmusicfestival.com/

I'll be helping my buddy out at his poster booth all day:

http://www.spikepress.com/

So if you're going stop by the booth, peoples.

Oh, and uh, that CSS album on Sub Pop rules! Lookin forward to seeing them.

http://www.myspace.com/canseidesersexy

damn! sloppy didn't know you were going...i'm going to try to make it but might not because i'm moving this weekend...ouch

yep, that CSS shit ain't bad...i wanted to see man man and chin up chin up on saturday but i don't think that will happen.

• Your links aren't working. If you're talking about Jay Ryan and The Bird Machine, though, I've got 30-35 of his posters in my collection. It's amazing what posters get tossed here in Hipsterville.

the ones he was linking to were aaron horkey's arcade fire and racebannon posters for burlesque, but jay ryan is the homie!...

...and he likes to smash people in the chest instead of saying CHEESE...

...and he owns original chris ware line art.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Your links aren't working. If you're talking about Jay Ryan and The Bird Machine, though, I've got 30-35 of his posters in my collection. It's amazing what posters get tossed here in Hipsterville.

the ones he was linking to were aaron horkey's arcade fire and racebannon posters for burlesque, but jay ryan is the homie!...

...and he likes to smash people in the chest instead of saying CHEESE...

...and he owns original chris ware line art.

I have received one said smash. Ouch.

Living in Chicago means that, for the money, you too can own Chris Ware line art. Come to one of his future appearances at Quimby's, and you'll see.

I'd post it up, but it wouldn't show: Steve Krakow's black-on-black hottness. forgot what show that was for. Chr*s or B*n?

• o.g. chris ware line art =

he did a tiny drawing of himself in my sketchbook, Its about the size of a pinky nail clipping.

Yo, Theecasualmale, are those dudes based out of chicago? posters for sale at show?

• damn! sloppy didn't know you were going...i'm going to try to make it but might not because i'm moving this weekend...ouch

good luck with the move, surge.
    try to come out if you can get a ticket.

• o.g. chris ware line art =

he did a tiny drawing of himself in my sketchbook, Its about the size of a pinky nail clipping.

yeah, his show at the museum of contemporary art was (is still?) incredible. all of those jimmy corrigan illustration boards. pffffft wow.

Yo, Theecasualmale, are those dudes based out of chicago? posters for sale at show?

which ones?

• ^specifically looking for ones by dude that did the mogwai one with the owls. jeez, any of them are amazing tho.

• Ah, that's Aaron Horkey from my crew Burlesque of North America.
    Most of his posters sell out within minutes of them going on sale, but we'll have a few with us at Pitchfork.

• AY.

I'm up in this birch. Kinda near Leavitt and Chicago.
    Village Pizza at 2AM after 6 hours of driving is what's up.

Gettin' ready to load in halla posters.
    See yall folks soon.

Record related?... We listened to Physical Graffiti and AEIOU2 on the drive to town.

• SexyBNyceSexyBNyce 371 Posts
    can't front on the village. it's all about the chicago ave pizza wars.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Mike! holler

• day one was fresh. sold some posters, saw some old friends, met some folks, ate a funnel cake, sweated a bunch, drank mega amounts of water, watched spankrock bring the house down, looked at some crappy records for sale.

day two - if all goes well, we'll have a keg in our makeshift backstage and a mini-PA in our booth into which i'll be "DJing" with my laptop.

wish i had time to fuck around in the city, but i'll be back in mid-august, so hang tight my non-ticket holder people.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Shit was hot as hell, weather-wise. Music was a mixed batch for day one. Most of the bands I was hearing for the first time, but the Walkmen were pretty terrible (even more so because they didn't soundcheck). The Futureheads, for a Clash retread, were not bad. The Silver Jews were my favorite: just slow mellow indie rock. Caught part of Matmos, who played some pretty wack IDM stuff, although that one track where they sampled the sounds of plastic surgery is not too bad. A-Trak was cutting the rug, closing out the DJ tent. Dude played party-rocking jams, Rob Base, James Brown, MIA, etc., etc.

The lineup today looks a lot stronger, especially with Yo La Tengo and Os Mutantes closing it out. Saw some of those record dealers in there. As I was walking by I heard someone say, "Mike and the Mechanics" and kept moving. Some of the people at this festival are trying way too hard (and failing) to make fashion statements.

• TSGTSG 274 Posts
    Some of the people at this festival are trying way too hard (and failing) to make fashion statements.