Chicago VS The World

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
I'm just saying that I have my money on the triumvirate of Castillo, James and Clubbeth.

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I'm just saying that I have my money on the triumvirate of Castillo, James and Clubbeth.

Pretty much.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Chicago People are some of the kindest folks I have ever met. Same with Detroit but they seem a but depressed on the state of their city. Chitown folks love their town and live well.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    I'll take Chicago on this one. Favorite city on earth.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    This should be a sticky, or at least added to FAQ.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I'll take Chicago on this one. Favorite city on earth.

Only reason I won't move back is the weather. California has spoiled me.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Steely Dan debates notwithstanding, I'll ride for Chicago and all who reside within. Great city, great people, great strutters.

But I gotta reiterate they do have some unusual musical tastes. [true story] The first time I'm at Dante's he busts out a rare "steppers classic", he and Meaty are all digging it, and it turns out to be Phil Collins' NO JACKET REQUIRED album. [/true story]

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

But I gotta reiterate they do have some unusual musical tastes. [true story] The first time I'm at Dante's he busts out a rare "steppers classic", he and Meaty are all digging it, and it turns out to be Phil Collins' NO JACKET REQUIRED album. [/true story]

Your point being?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

This is what I speaketh of.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    The Bulls!

• SexyBNyceSexyBNyce 371 Posts
    The Bulls!

da[/b] bulls!

represent the chi til I die!

Your point being?

Phil Collins debates notwithstanding, I'll ride for Chicago and all who reside within. Great city, great people, great strutters.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

Your point being?

Phil Collins debates notwithstanding, I'll ride for Chicago and all who reside within. Great city, great people, great strutters.

Marco, your heart is full of so much hate!

Gentle Giant, ok this I can see. That was long ago.

Roy Ayers, I can see this too. Understandable.

But Steely Dan & Phil Collins on the same day man? This is painful. Next thing I know you're gonna badmouth the Boss and put us all in tears.

• Rob_SevierRob_Sevier 150 Posts

The pedigree of that Phil Collins LP is amazing. Members of the Pharoahs are all over it, as well as musicians who played on most Brunswick and Twinight sessions.

MARCO=MODED

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    been to Chi-town once and had a great time. The ony reason I never considered moving there was because there's no ocean. I know there'a lake and all, but I've been a coast person my whole life.

Am I being foolish?

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Top of the list of US cities I've never been to but want to check out. I want to see the real life "cheeseburger cheeseburger" guy.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    This post is not about Chicago though, fellas.

This post is not about Chicago though, fellas.

SAYING THOUGH

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    whaddup all? so what begat this thread.. (been away from the cmoputer 2day)

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts
    it turns out to be Phil Collins' NO JACKET REQUIRED album.

Actually, it was a cut off of Face Value.
    GET YOUR MIND RIGHT.

• TSGTSG 274 Posts
    GET YOUR MIND RIGHT.

chi-strutters need to have another meeting so i can be present...

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    it turns out to be Phil Collins' NO JACKET REQUIRED album.

GET YOUR MIND RIGHT.

Soundtrack to ???Vice??? has old ???Air???

Given that nothing in Michael Mann???s film version of ???Miami Vice??? remotely resembles the television series, it seems a little odd that when the closing credits come up, we hear a cover version of ???In the Air Tonight,??? a Phil Collins song closely associated with the show.

???It???s not a nod,??? Mann grouses, frustrated not at the question but at the fact that everyone will think the song is a wink to the TV series. ???I searched and searched to find something that was not ???In the Air Tonight??? that conveyed the emotions of the song because I???d rather not have ???In the Air Tonight.??? But I couldn???t. The song is just a killer.???

???The lyrics in the song are really tough. ???If I saw you drowning, I would not lend a hand.??? ??? Mann says with a laugh. ???That???s really hard.???

Elsewhere, the soundtrack of ???Miami Vice??? prominently features two of Mann???s favorite artists: Moby and Audioslave.

Make of this what you will.

GET YOUR MIND RIGHT.

NC FUCKED UP THE MONEY