Trae - Restless

BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
I had to be reminded by Matt at Damage Control on the other board that this shit was out but god damn this shit is dope. There's a few tracks where the singing hooks kinda bring the tracks down but for the most part it's solid all around. Honestly, I would buy this just cos Swang is on it and it's the greatest song released in a really long time but I was pleasently suprised with the rest of the album. Pop Trunk Wave =

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I haven't heard the whole thing, but dude is on point with the delivery on Real Talk.

Post that Pop Trunk Wave joint por favor

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    oh man real talk is crazy shit too but you cant really name a song that without it being good. pop trunk wave: http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=4AB6B9C50232C3AE

• catchdubscatchdubs 492 Posts
    Real Talk
    Real Talk
    Real Talk
    Real Talk
    Real Talk
    Real Talk

can i get a "prog rap" graemlin?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Assholes by Nature:

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Man, I came in intending to make the exact same post--one of the best rap albums to come out this year.

Shame that nobody knows it's out. I wasn't sure myself--there's no pic in the Amazon listing and when I went to HMV after work yesterday, there was exactly one copy, buried in the "T" section. Meanwhile, there are multiple copies of J.R. Writer and other Koch releases stacked up in the end-of-aisle displays.

What's the point of giving Asylum part of your money if this is how they "distribute" your projects?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Man I didnt know this was even out, when Noz started talking about it on xxl I assumed he just downloaded the advance, and I only have internet at work for the moment. I am copping this for sure.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Assholes by Nature:

"Whoah--what's that bulge in your shorts? You got the chrome on you?"

"No, it's just granola--I'm preparing for a space mission."

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    Assholes by Nature:

you get this framed, homie?

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    I submit to you that the cargo pocket looks too flat to be holding a hackey sack.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Is that a Showtyme cd in your pocket, or are you...never mind.

I ain't got the cd yet, but Trae's show the other day at Screwfest was

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Assholes by Nature:

"Whoah--what's that bulge in your shorts? You got the chrome on you?"

"No, it's just granola--I'm preparing for a space mission."

Holy shit you've been killin it lately

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Man, I came in intending to make the exact same post--one of the best rap albums to come out this year.

Shame that nobody knows it's out. I wasn't sure myself--there's no pic in the Amazon listing and when I went to HMV after work yesterday, there was exactly one copy, buried in the "T" section. Meanwhile, there are multiple copies of J.R. Writer and other Koch releases stacked up in the end-of-aisle displays.

What's the point of giving Asylum part of your money if this is how they "distribute" your projects?
    man, i paid 18.99 for the mufuckah at tower records AND i had to wait for like ten minutes for them to find one of the five copies in the shop because they weren't on display. koch releases stocked in the front of the rap section along with some corny jamie kennedy and other garbage.

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    Assholes by Nature:

Who's the white dude with Archaic?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    My local Best Buy had multiple copies in stock for $13.99. They also had quite a few copies of Same Thing Different Day and Losing Composure.

Herm

• sergserg 682 Posts
    I give a fuck about the sunshine is my new motto

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I must admit to knowing very little about dude, but i am gonna peep it cause errybody says its good. I really cant feel good about downloading it if its genuinely good and nobody is buying it though. Looks like i might actually cop a new rap cd!

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I give a fuck about the sunshine is my new motto
    Yesss

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    man i love this album. i dont even want to talk to anyone who doesnt have this shit

I'm confused. The tracklist on my copy is as follows:

9. The Truth
    10. 19.[/b] Swang
    11. Quit Calling Me

After discovering that track 10 was NOT the MJ-sampling version, I figured they hid an extra track after the last (which was track 18).

But alas, no "Lady In My Life."

Anybody got a good, preferably non-mixtape version of the OG?

Herm

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    ...are you saying the CD doesn't have the single version of Swang??

...are you saying the CD doesn't have the single version of Swang??

Exactly what I am saying. I'm surprised I'm the first to mention it.

Unless, of course, these other foolios Soulseeked and/or bit-torrented it and kept the "Swang" track they already had in their files, which is truely

Herm

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    mine has the original (trae, hawk, trae, and then pimp c's remix verse tacked on) at track 10.

mine has the original (trae, hawk, trae, and then pimp c's remix verse tacked on) at track 10.

Weird!!!

WTF?!?!?

Can yousendit to me please?

Herm

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=CFDAA8D71DD7B228
    my cd's cover art is different than the image posted in this thread but i cant seem to find it online. did i buy a bootleg or some shit?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    did i buy a bootleg or some shit?

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=CFDAA8D71DD7B228
    my cd's cover art is different than the image posted in this thread but i cant seem to find it online. did i buy a bootleg or some shit?

The one you posted is the same one I have.

Check the differences between that one and this one.

Here's the Michael Jackson song that was sampled in the OG.

Herm

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    haha, shit i don't know then. which cover art do you have?

haha, shit i don't know then. which cover art do you have?

I can't seem to find one online, but it's the same pic as the background of his Myspace page.

Herm

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    that's what i have. i guess they didn't get clearance for the final release?

that's what i have. i guess they didn't get clearance for the final release?

I wondered if they would. Seems to me it'd be pretty expensive. Do you know if the MJ version was ever released as a 12"? I'm fiending for that version now. I have the TTLab EP but that song's not on there.

Herm