what about the kinda bad/kinda good movies

13»

Comments

• paulnicepaulnice 924 Posts

Is Traffic still good? By that I mean, I liked it when it came out but I had suspect taste in film back back then then. Anyway if it is good, it justifies the presence of michael douglas.

I'm totally spacing on dude's name and the films he was in, but the old guy. Mustache. Shot a bunch of 'street punks' as the hero of these shoddy mid-80s action films. Actor died in '03 or thereabouts. There were a series of these. Totally spacing out.

Anyway I just remember one incredible sequence where he's looking out his window on the right side of the screen where it is nighttime, and he's watching some 'thugs' vandalizing or robbing or loitering or some other crime that deserves being shot by a geriatric film hero, and then he walks across the room to the left side of the screen where the sun is beaming through the window. Nice continuity, dudes.

You talking about Tomas Milian?
    He played General Salazar.
    He's well known for his spaghetti westerns in the 60's/70's and his Italian actioners in the 80's (also showed up on "Oz" briefly).
    GREAT actor. And actually, he's still alive.
    Maybe you meant someone else?

EDIT:

Okay. Saw your edit.
    For some reason I thought you were still talking about Traffic.

• Post your Netflix At Homes or you're soft.

The Undead
    Over the Edge
    OZ: Season 3, Disc 1
    Black Belly of the Tarantula
    Oldboy

Just some light, breezy fare...

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I remember my friend turning to me and saying this was a total chick-flick.

I assumed this much just based on the fact that Jeremy mentioned it.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Huge co-sign on all of the mamet movies.

I thought Minority Report was a good ending away from being an incredible movie but Spielberg fumbled on the one yard line.

• That's a solid collection of films there, Mr. Crink. I can't front. I was maybe gonna tease you about "Bowfinger" but that's actually a pretty funny movie, surprisingly.

Just go watch "Out of Sight", "Breakdown", "The Game" and "Last Boy Scout". Then, listen to some Marshall Tucker and Hall and Oates. Your life will change.

• The KING of guilty pleasure flicks:

• paulnicepaulnice 924 Posts

Black Belly of the Tarantula

How is this?

Always wanted to see it.

Love the ST.

• Black Belly of the Tarantula

How is this?

Always wanted to see it.

Love the ST.

Gimme a few days and I'll let you know. It looks badass. I'm trying to brush up on my giallos.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    The KING of guilty pleasure flicks:

OK, I will cop to being a sucker for movies like this.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

I suppose there are a few "guilty pleasures", but no fucking way will I watch a movie with Michael Douglas or J-lo.

Not even this?

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Hmmm... pleasant surprises... "Wild Things" is smarter than it looks.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Hmmm... pleasant surprises... "Very Bad Things" is smarter than it looks.

Just kidding....but that movie cracks me up.

"There's no f#$@ing Wizzers!"

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts

I nominate Event Horizon.

I saw this movie really high too, my friend's pop had just gotten one of those surround sound set-ups and this was the first movie we saw real loud. Not knowing what it was about, I was all "oh cool, a space movie." That beginnning shit with the whole mamma bear dude trapped in the pressure chamber fucked me up. The ending sucked donkey balls though.

I nominate Rock'n'Roll Highschool. The blonde chick was cute, the Ramones were in it, as was Booger, and they destroy the school. The football dude subplot is so fucking lame, the writing is trash. I'll still watch it late night on TBS or something.

I also nominate Killer Klowns from Outter Space. This one might fall into the so bad its good category. I think its highly mediocre, maybe because people were saying its so bad its good, but I thought it was meeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhh.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    POINT BREAK[/b]

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    POINT BREAK[/b]

That was the first thing that popped up in my mind when somebody mentioned Roadhouse. Next thing you know we're gonna have some Dirty Dancing up in this.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    POINT BREAK[/b]

That was the first thing that popped up in my mind when somebody mentioned Roadhouse. Next thing you know we're gonna have some Dirty Dancing up in this.
    my girlfriend and i always used to get into disagreements because i say there are no such thing as 'chick flicks' or 'guy movies', just good movies or bad movies that pander to gender cliches.

she's managed to convince that there are two movies that depend absoloutly on gender,: "dirty dancing"=girls & "road warrior"=guys.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Starship Troopers
    Auto Focus
    Mean Girls
    Dude Where's My Car
    RoadHouse - "Your gonna be my midnight special!"
    Any Deathwish after the first one
    Punisher
    Daredevil
    Colors
    Fresh

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    The KING of guilty pleasure flicks:

OK, I will cop to being a sucker for movies like this.

there's a part 2.

part 1 was filmed not too far from where i grew up and this was back when patrick swayze was even more of a sex god so you know everyone was pissing themselves when they shot it.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    POINT BREAK[/b]

Dirty Dancing is a film I've never ever sat down or wanted to watch but I still must have seen it about ten times thanks to girl's parties when I was younger and then girlfriends. Just the other week me, my girl, a load of her friends and a load of my friends all went and watched Dirty Dancing in an outdoor showing on a giant inflatable screen.

The alcohol probably helped but that's the most I've ever enjoyed that movie. Something about a few thousand people cheering every time Swayze appears.

• ...and then road house 2 was filmed where i live,here in louisiana w/ jake busey and i heard that it shits the bed.
    for part 3,they're gonna come to your town and break shit and try to fight you.

has anyone seen TerrorVision,that's some funny shit.

• Starship Troopers
    Auto Focus
    Mean Girls
    Dude Where's My Car
    RoadHouse - "Your gonna be my midnight special!"
    Any Deathwish after the first one
    Punisher
    Daredevil
    Colors
    Fresh

I would say that AutoFocus, Colors and Fresh are legitimately good films..no apology necessary or "guilty pleasure."

I think the Road House line you are looking for is "You're gonna be my regular Saturday night thing." Said while dood is lining up in the puccini from da back. (ayo?)

• ...and then road house 2 was filmed where i live,here in louisiana w/ jake busey and i heard that it shits the bed.
    for part 3,they're gonna come to your town and break shit and try to fight you.

has anyone seen TerrorVision,that's some funny shit.

Where you at in Louisiana mang? b/w Welcome!