I Saw Jello Biafra @ Brooklyn Academy

DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
apparently that man's record collection is out of control.

Comments

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    He's been popping up (no-ayo) in a bunch of documentaries lately... I never noticed before, but his talking voice and singing voice are essentially identical. (Both are hilarious.)

( )

• RafaelRafael 120 Posts
    neverheardofhim

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    yeah, he's been a pretty serious collectro for a long long time from what I've read/heard. Which doesn't surprise me as DK's always struck me as a very musically literate punk band.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    What's up with that funky 7" from around '81 that was put out on his label.
    Any ?

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    His chapter in the Incredibly Strange Music book is dope, as is The Cramps collection.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    his talking voice and singing voice are essentially identical. (Both are hilarious like fingers on a chalkboard.)

I loved DK, but Jello is one annoying dude.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    There's a guy in my hometown who was in this band called R??vjunk (R??v meaning fox in Swedish). They were a really obscure Swedish punk band. One day the phone rings: "Hi, this is Jello Biafra, were you the drummer for R??vjunk? I've been offered your single for ??250, I wanted to check if I could get it cheaper from you?" He couldn't. He's a SERIOUS punk collector.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    first class top notch guy !

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    His spoken word albums are

• AreDoubleAreDouble 124 Posts
    There's a guy in my hometown who was in this band called R??vjunk (R??v meaning fox in Swedish). They were a really obscure Swedish punk band. One day the phone rings: "Hi, this is Jello Biafra, were you the drummer for R??vjunk? I've been offered your single for ??250, I wanted to check if I could get it cheaper from you?" He couldn't. He's a SERIOUS punk collector.

How old are you? Have you been going to shows for a minute? Ever see any of the old Swedish and Finnish bands? Rattus, Mob 47, Bastards, Spraktasnutlslackers, Rovsvette, Totalitar, Kuolema, Appendix, Svart Sno? Was Valkivaltaa real? Enquiring minds . . .

• wooshiewooshie 490 Posts
    Jello's got great knowledge and he has a lot to say about music. I'd rather hear him do spoken word than say someone like Henry Rollins anyday.