Comments

• pitch black
    midnight express
    return of the jedi
    platoon
    remember the titans

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    M Night Shamalamanan or whatever his name is needs a graemlin
    1) the sixth sense (the surprise ending)
    IMG SRC=http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/6846/shamalamhc3.gif>
    2) the village (the surprise ending)
    3) unbreakable (the surprise ending)
    4) lady in the water (the surprise ending)
    5) signs (the surprise ending)

• LeftyLefty 259 Posts
    you can put all of em in the kinda good kinda bad thread

• LeftyLefty 259 Posts
    cool ending also
    house of flying daggers

I don't remember the ending of this being anything special. The ending of "One Night In Mongkok" was good. The ending to Blair Witch was memorable.

what?
    i saw bwp and i dont even remember that ending all i remember that this movie was
    one of the baddest ever,
    so ur opinion is kinda worthless to me ,
    sorry

• An Occurence at Owl Creek Bridge- best ending everrrrrrr.
    3 Women-this should probably be in Most Fucked Up Endings

• magpiemagpie 160 Posts
    1. The vanishing (the og, not the crappy hollywood one)
    2. miracle mile (la brea tar pits)
    3. the last american virgin
    4. the graduate
    5. john carpenters the thing

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

dude magnolia is just robert altman's shortcuts with the over-saturated film school smugness knob turned up way past 10. that and shortcuts seemed liked it was actually about, you know, real people. boogies nights was cool and everything but paul thomas anderson is kinda the radiohead of film

I didn't wanna say anything since I thought I was the only one here that thinks that way (getting to be an unfortunate matter of course around here I'm afraid), but yeah. I liked Boogie Nights too (despite the mysterious and total absence of AIDS, even as a passing mention) , but Magnolia felt like the most pretentious, masturbatory piece of crap ever.
    Too bad, because the precredit sequence was pretty incredible and teased of promise and the last 15-20 minutes was interesting to say the least.
    Not that I made it all the way to the end the first time out.
    I finally caught the end on cable a couple years later, but Magnolia was one of the few flicks I walked out on - during the horrendous sequence where the entire cast abruptly breaks into song... "When will it stop?" I believe they were all singing? My thoughts exactly. Peh.

No doubt Magnolia is a very pretentious movie. But I still love it. I just thought there were some great characters. Quiz Show guy and the lonely cop and even Tom Cruise's charcter ("Tame the cunt!"). The frogs at the end was way out of left field but whatever. I guess it doesn't rank up there in the pantheons of classic cinema (or Star Wars) but that movie is perfect rainy-day viewing (and not as good as Boogie Nights).

• paulnicepaulnice 924 Posts

2. miracle mile (la brea tar pits)

oh, HELL yes!!!!

• 3. the last american virgin

Absolutely one of the few instances of realism in a 1980's teen comedy. A real kick in the nuts....

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    usual suspects

yessir

Them Orson Welles/ Joseph Cotten films got some damn good endings too

-The Third Man (Best movie ever made IMO)
    -Citizen Kane

The Third Man is also one of my favorites. Joseph Cotten was a great actor. The recut verson of Touch of Evil is also a really good Wells movie. The studio really fucked up the origional version. The recut gets my vote for best film opening of all time. Although Chuck Heston as a Mexican cop is one of the most casting selections of all time.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    3. the last american virgin

Absolutely one of the few instances of realism in a 1980's teen comedy. A real kick in the nuts....

The Lionel Ritchie song while the credits role is

KIDS

Co -sign on Planet Of The Apes, but dont sleep on Beneath(AtomBomb) and Conquest(CivilRightSpeechbyCaesar).

• 3. the last american virgin

The Lionel Ritchie song while the credits role is

KIDS

Co -sign on Planet Of The Apes, but dont sleep on Beneath(AtomBomb) and Conquest(CivilRightSpeechbyCaesar).

Conquest is my all time fave Planet of the Apes flick. I actually saw it in the theater when it came out.

Conquest is my all time fave Planet of the Apes flick. I actually saw it in the theater when it came out.

Do u have the soundtrack? I'm curious if its different from the others.

• Conquest is my all time fave Planet of the Apes flick. I actually saw it in the theater when it came out.

I do not...

I do not...

Any POTApes soundtrax?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    all this time off is slowing me down...another incredible ending is Cache

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

yeah man

also, tropicalia is not psychedelic

I like how you took what I said from a different post, and referenced that in this post.

Kudos.

- spidey