one more Top 5 (movie endings)...

Comments

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    40 Year Old Virgin

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    OK

Thought about this for a minute. I'm ready to name my top movie ending.

Ending ur movie with this and then a video game screen =

• it is one of the best plot twists ever imo. you know something is up on the island, but who saw that coming???
    i lent it to a co-worker and her husband was livid at the ending.

i would like to see the remake of Hills/Eyes.

that's a good point, it was completely unexpected, I just hate people being burned alive more than most anything, a major personal fear or some shit. Hills Have Eyes was alright, I really only saw it because Aja's name was attached and I was a big fan of high tension (another good ending, or twist at least). It was pretty fucking ridiculous, and most women I know who have seen it , definately some shit that is worse to the average person (not me) than someone being burned alive.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Repo Man is pretty hard to beat for endings IMO.

• awallawall 673 Posts
    blow up

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts

The Passenger

Yes.

Jodorowsky: Holy Mountain
    Wilder: Sunset Blvd.
    Tarkovsky: Nostalghia
    Kusturica: Time of the Gypsies is great too

Oh, and obviously Citizen Kane. And 400 Blows.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    blow up

Yuck that's the worst of all fucking time. I hate that movie because of that ending. hate it.

Personally my favorite ending scene of a movie and fight scene in a movie was from Enter the Dragon.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FIqC-Rv0Ei0&search=enter%20the%20dragon

The whole time.

- spidey

• blow up

Yuck that's the worst of all fucking time. I hate that movie because of that ending. hate it.

Personally my favorite ending scene of a movie and fight scene in a movie was from Enter the Dragon.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FIqC-Rv0Ei0&search=enter%20the%20dragon

The whole time.

- spidey

Are you really range Enter The Dragon and Blow Up on the same level?

Love Bruce... but you must be joking..

Blow up was garbage. You must be joking.

- spidey

- spidey

I wouldn't mind going through your trash then.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    1) the sixth sense (the surprise ending)
    2) the village (the surprise ending)
    3) unbreakable (the surprise ending)
    4) lady in the water (the surprise ending)
    5) signs (the surprise ending)

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    it is one of the best plot twists ever imo. you know something is up on the island, but who saw that coming???
    i lent it to a co-worker and her husband was livid at the ending.

i would like to see the remake of Hills/Eyes.

oh how could i forget, Innocence, too.

I saw wicker man in the theater. Before it, they ran a crazy trailer for a movie called "the Shout" about someone who can kill people by yelling. The preview was wacky, with dead cows lying on the grass & someone covering their ears. Has anyone seen this?

I wouldn't mind going through your trash then.

I'll let you know the next time I have a doo doo on a stick sale.

- spidey

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

- spidey

i saw it again recently and i did not like it at all. the only thing i liked was the yardbirds but i could not be interested enough in jetset britain in the 60s to stay awake. but it was kinda serene for weekend afternoon naps, especially the extra quiet scene of vanessa redgrave in the park

l'avventura is my shit though. antonioni is alright

• LeftyLefty 259 Posts
    cool ending also
    house of flying daggers

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    usual suspects

• awallawall 673 Posts

- spidey
    yeah man

also, tropicalia is not psychedelic

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    cool ending also
    house of flying daggers

I don't remember the ending of this being anything special. The ending of "One Night In Mongkok" was good. The ending to Blair Witch was memorable.

• awallawall 673 Posts
    medium cool

• awallawall 673 Posts
    little murders

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    blair witch was awful/awesome depending on how u look at it. i hated it, i remember everyone in the theatre like phuck that, including me.

breakfast club when the guy jumps up and it goes "dont u forget about me"

but for real,
    DO THE RIGHT THING

• wooshiewooshie 490 Posts
    co-sign on China Town and Midnight Cowboy. Great endings.

M Night Shamalamanan or whatever his name is needs a graemlin

Yeah, Do The Right Thing always made me want to get up and riot and beat up police and shit.

So did "La Haine" - AMAZING ENDING. FUCKED ME UP GOOD AND PROPER

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts
    Pi
    Dancer in the Dark
    Bonnie and Clyde
    Silence of the Lambs
    Rear Window

co-sign on Do The Right Thing and Shawshank.

• usual suspects

yessir

Them Orson Welles/ Joseph Cotten films got some damn good endings too

-The Third Man (Best movie ever made IMO)
    -Citizen Kane

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

Rear Window

Love that movie.

Co-sign also on Empire Strikes Back. Nice way to end on the dark side.

Speaking of Stars War, that's my favorite part of Clerks II, when the Lord of the Rings -- L.O.R., dude! -- and the Stars Wars camps are arguing what's better. Randal was totally dissing on L.O.R. Pt. III... when Sam gives Frodo a "very gay look." That part was one of the few redeeming points of Clerks numero dos.

One of my favorite endings:

Magnolia (Exodus, like whoa)

Another one:

The Wild Bunch (depressing but can't really think of a better way for those guys to go out, same thing with Alfredo Garcia -- Sam Peckinpah does not go down!)

• awallawall 673 Posts
    One of my favorite endings:

Magnolia (Exodus, like whoa)

Another one:

The Wild Bunch (depressing but can't really think of a better way for those guys to go out, same thing with Alfredo Garcia -- Sam Peckinpah does not go down!)

dude magnolia is just robert altman's shortcuts with the over-saturated film school smugness knob turned up way past 10. that and shortcuts seemed liked it was actually about, you know, real people. boogies nights was cool and everything but paul thomas anderson is kinda the radiohead of film

wild bunch, however, is unfadeable

Can i get a co-sign on "La Haine" anyone seen that 'ish?

• paulnicepaulnice 924 Posts

dude magnolia is just robert altman's shortcuts with the over-saturated film school smugness knob turned up way past 10. that and shortcuts seemed liked it was actually about, you know, real people. boogies nights was cool and everything but paul thomas anderson is kinda the radiohead of film

I didn't wanna say anything since I thought I was the only one here that thinks that way (getting to be an unfortunate matter of course around here I'm afraid), but yeah. I liked Boogie Nights too (despite the mysterious and total absence of AIDS, even as a passing mention) , but Magnolia felt like the most pretentious, masturbatory piece of crap ever.
    Too bad, because the precredit sequence was pretty incredible and teased of promise and the last 15-20 minutes was interesting to say the least.
    Not that I made it all the way to the end the first time out.
    I finally caught the end on cable a couple years later, but Magnolia was one of the few flicks I walked out on - during the horrendous sequence where the entire cast abruptly breaks into song... "When will it stop?" I believe they were all singing? My thoughts exactly. Peh.