Carl Weathers v. Bill Duke

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
Carl was hard in Predator (no homo). But Bill, man, dude just looks scary. vs. (and no I am not afraid of black people).

Comments

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    DUKE

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    sayin.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    I gotta go with DUKE 'cause he looks like the homie BlaQwest:

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    so far there is no contest here.

apollo creed isn't even fucking with captain armbruster...

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts

How do you like your ribs?[/b]

• so far there is no contest here.

apollo creed isn't even fucking with captain armbruster...

Oh, please. Like Captain Armbruster is really fucking with Lieutenant Action Jackson....

Besides, Weathers is a lock just on the strength of Bucktown and his running cameos on Arrested Development.

• wooshiewooshie 490 Posts
    "I buy all my cars at the auctions"

• Hard as Fuck??

Duke gets points for Deep Cover though.

Meanwhile, Weathers is being underrated here. Apollo Creed mang, come on. And then Action Jackson?

Tough call.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Duke. Only because he looked a "Commando"-era Arnoldt in the eye and told him "This Green Beret's gonna kick your ass!"

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

Duke gets points the win for Deep Cover though.

• TobiTobi 187 Posts
    Yes Carl was cool in Predator, but remember the scene when Carl stumbles and Duke tells him (I don't remember the exact phrase): "I don't care who you are back in the world...but do that again and I BLEED YA![/b] "
    And as Jimster already mentioned Duke in Commando was also !

• paulnicepaulnice 924 Posts

Bill Duke hands down. (Car Wash people???!!)

AND he's from Poughkeepsie.
    No contest =

....plus, his sister looks like Bill Duke in a wig

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Duke has the intensity of a man possessed("We gonna be having some fun tonight, we gonna be having some fun tonight") Plus I saw him pop up in a Seagal movie the other day so bonus points for him.

But Weathers is Apollo Creed so I'm gonna have to go for Carl.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Why doesn't Bill Duke get anymore good roles? Last time I saw him he had like 3 lines as Bolivar Trask in X-Men 3. What's up with that? Please hook my man up with some quality screentime soon. I miss that sinister mug.

• paulnicepaulnice 924 Posts

Why doesn't Bill Duke get anymore good roles? Last time I saw him he had like 3 lines as Bolivar Trask in X-Men 3. What's up with that? Please hook my man up with some quality screentime soon. I miss that sinister mug.

He's behind the scenes a lot, directing a LOT of NY TV and the occasional film.

• pknypkny 549 Posts

Bill Duke hands down. (Car Wash people???!!)

AND he's from Poughkeepsie.
    No contest =

....plus, his sister looks like Bill Duke in a wig

I can co-sign this, my mother used to work at a hospital with her, and pointed her out to me one day...

• HUSHHUSH 18 Posts
    Come on Carl Weathers made a couple of great appearences on Arrested Development

Iknow Menance II society was Great and all, but AD is where it's at right now.

"Throw it on with some water, and you got yourself a stew baby!"

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    The other day on NPR they were talking about some huge US Army training camp in the middle of the Iraqi desert

Apparantly Carl Weathers is an acting coach there