Quality rap comebacks

Comments

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    "Gettin Some" is dope...that 1st song is cool....but for real......
    she can't rap....................

"Candy Paint" is wack? "Chicago" is wack? "Damn" is wack? "Lil Daddy What's Good" is wack? No. I don't understand how people think she cant rap. Or how someone who listed the Game among his 10 favorite albums would think Shawnna is a shitty rapper. Esp after hearing her doubletime verse on the first track.

The only shitty song is the one with Valentino. The rest are fair to great.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    that might explain why you thought i like glamorous life and hated the chronic.

i apologize for confusing you for liking Glamorous life......The Chronic...thats another story....

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    yeah but you're wrong.

Deej, I understand some of your frustration with people not substantiating their opinions but recognize that we didn't all just spring fully formed out of the ether on the day that you registered here; a lot of us have already elaborated on why we do/don't like certain artists/albums ad nauseum because we've been having these discussions for three or four years. I was resistant to posting a list of my favorite rap albums of 2005 because, well, I've already been there. In 2005. Had you been here, you would have seen not merely a list but the reasons why I like all of those albums.

And why is throwing out an arbitrary number like 8.5 or block-quoting an allmusic review any better than observing that Shawnna can't rap?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I'm sorry I missed the copious Shawnna and Kris Kross discussions in the soulstrut archives.

For one thing I've said more about the album than that. In fact I only GAVE a number because told me to!

Block quoting an allmusic review that I largely agree with and that could actually provoke discussion if folks bothered to read it is definitely more interesting than saying she 'can't rap', yes.

"Lil Daddy What's Good" is wack?

I have not heard this song.

But I can tell from the title that it's wack.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Cali iz Active is overrated by calicentric herbs on soulstrut who will accept mediocrity because it makes them nostalgic for UCLA keggers where they first heard doggystyle.

Deej I always enjoy your alternative opinions on current rap but have you actually listened to this album?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

The reason these threads seem to suck is because they're all people stating "facts" about whether an album is hot or garbage without actually saying shit about the music itself so I can understand where archaic is coming from when he gets heated - its like arguing with a brick wall of conformist rap canon bullshit that pretends to be 'above' herbish okayplayer nerds but is just as conservative and relies just as much on everyone on the board going for presumptuous assumptions and recieved wisdom[/b] about what is wrong with shawnna or kris kross or any artist not a part of the Approved Canon of Acceptable Artists (Now with 100% more UGK!), and no one dares to explain why they dislike shit beyond 'can't rap.' I believe edpowers check shawnna but i'm sure he had no intention of actually pretending to even try to like it.

someone who listed the Game among his 10 favorite albums would think Shawnna is a shitty rapper.

The Game :The Documentary

Beats:10
    Lyrics:6

Score: 8

above average

Shawnna: Block Music

Beats:6
    Lyrics:4

Score : 5

Hot Turtle Shit

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Cali iz Active is overrated by calicentric herbs on soulstrut who will accept mediocrity because it makes them nostalgic for UCLA keggers where they first heard doggystyle.

Deej I always enjoy your alternative opinions on current rap but have you actually listened to this album?

Yeah numerous times. I actually like it too, which I've said a couple times in past threads. I mentioned that I thought it was being overrated around these parts, which apparently means 'suspect taste.'

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    presumptuous assumptions[/b]

This is so bad I thought Archaic wrote it

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

Quick typing message board argument poor word choice shocker!

Yeah numerous times. I actually like it too, which I've said a couple times in past threads. I mentioned that I thought it was being overrated around these parts, which apparently means 'suspect taste.'

score the album please.....i can only have this discussion in numbers

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Ed how's math club? Why are you always quantifying your enjoyment on a 1-10 scale?

The reason these threads seem to suck is because they're all people stating "facts" about whether an album is hot or garbage without actually saying shit about the music itself so I can understand where archaic is coming from when he gets heated - its like arguing with a brick wall of conformist rap canon bullshit that pretends to be 'above' herbish okayplayer nerds but is just as conservative and relies just as much on everyone on the board going for presumptuous assumptions and recieved wisdom[/b] about what is wrong with shawnna or kris kross or any artist not a part of the Approved Canon of Acceptable Artists (Now with 100% more UGK!), and no one dares to explain why they dislike shit beyond 'can't rap.' I believe edpowers check shawnna but i'm sure he had no intention of actually pretending to even try to like it.

I was making a funny.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    "Daddy's Little Angel" is a wack tattoo?

I have not seen this tattoo.

Not fair, Jonny. Archaic's a much better writer than that.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

I was making a funny.
    yeah I figured but seriously, thats about the extent of most arguments in this thread!

Why are you always quantifying your enjoyment on a 1-10 scale?

I don't know

can you answer the question ....please ?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

I don't know

No.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i give this thread a 9.5

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Not fair, Jonny. Archaic's a much better writer than that.

You're right... I'm still smarting from his withering dress down the other day.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    This thread is absolutely hysterical.

-e

i give this thread a 9.5

I think you're being stingy--this thread is a bona fide classic, li'l daddy.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    I feel like it's Rush week on soulstrut,Deej is a new pledge, and we just got wood-paddles in our PM boxes (pasue???)

I don't know

No.

what the fuck Deej ?

you gave Shawnna a 8.5 ...but you wont score Cali iz Active ?

is this Regional bias ?

Aren't you in Chicago ?

Cali iz ActiveBlock Music is overrated by calicentric Chicentric herbs on soulstrut who wish they lived in the south.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    When I'm finished EdPowers will call Totally Krossed Out a 9.5

Cali Iz Active 7-7.5
    Somewhere in there.

its your Birfday foo ....we're havin a partay !!!! WHOOOOOO!!!!!

Cali Iz Active 7-7.5

GREAT !

and "Chronic 2001" is a 9.5 maybe 10 you'd say ?

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    I feel like it's Rush week on soulstrut,Deej is a new pledge, and we just got wood-paddles in our PM boxes (pasue???)

its your Birfday foo ....we're havin a partay !!!! WHOOOOOO!!!!!

NOT FOR ANOTHER HOUR WHEN I LEAVE THIS FUCKIN' PLACE!

I'MMA TRY AND GET A BIRTHDAY SHOUT-OUT FROM THE REVERENED AND/OR A PICTURE FOR YOU LIL' DUDES TO HAVE PHOTOSHOP BUTT-FUN WITH!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

P.S. I HEART THE NEW CHINGY AND TYRESSE! HATT ME NOW!

so check this out ....

shawnna 8.5

cali iz active 7

2001 > Chronic

so The Chronic = 9 (because there is no way Block Music is better than The Chronic........i hope )

2001 = 9.5 / 10

man......there must be alot of perfect rap albums

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Or maybe playing number games is retarded.