Quality rap comebacks

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Z-Ro

glad to see you came around to it.

I never hated on it; I just hadn't picked it up.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    You are a cornball

where's your 2005 top ten.

I never received confirmation .....

is it Dee J (as in DJ)?

or Deej (as in Reeg,Regis) ?

i need an answer ....

thx in adv

Whatever floats yr boat but i like the Full House pronunciation.

Glamorest Life > U.S.A btw

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

Whatever floats yr boat

y r u being difficult/defensive again ?

but i like the Full House pronunciation.

i didn't watch that bullshit

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I thought Bun B's album was disappointing

I did, too, but I think a lot of people confused the album being something other than what we had all hoped for with it being "bad".

I think I've said this here before, but everybody was looking for it to be his Fix or his Blueprint and instead it was his Hardknock Life.

Yeah I was about to post something similar before work got in the way. I've been enjoying it a lot more in 06 than I did in 05. Way too variable to be considered a great piece of work but the decent tracks on there are superb.

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts

I did, too, but I think a lot of people confused the album being something other than what we had all hoped for with it being "bad".

I think I've said this here before, but everybody was looking for it to be his Fix or his Blueprint and instead it was his Hardknock Life.

Yeah I was about to post something similar before work got in the way. I've been enjoying it a lot more in 06 than I did in 05. Way too variable to be considered a great piece of work but the decent tracks on there are superb.

The Bun B album was a stinker. Z-Ro's last was so much better that it put Trill to utter shame.

And I can't believe that Faux Rillz wasn't already familiar with Z Ro. What's with that? Don't you like rap music?

The Bun B album was a stinker. Z-Ro's last was so much better that it put Trill to utter shame.

And I can't believe that Faux Rillz wasn't already familiar with Z Ro. What's with that? Don't you like rap music?

I was--I just didn't buy that album when it came out.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    y r u being difficult/defensive again ?

???

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

i seem to recall some talk of him being a poor mans tupac coming out the big dudes mouth...

i seem to recall some talk of him being a poor mans tupac coming out the big dudes mouth...

And?

I was both familiar with him and of the opinion that he was a poor man's Tupac--after hearing his most recent album, I have modified that opinion.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Noz are you accusing him of being a new jack?

Point is, none of us are innocent. We all think dumb shit at one time or another.

Look how long O-Dub's gotten shit about his Chronic review ";)"

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Noz are you accusing him of being a new jack?

you digging up dirt on me from my cassette single days?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I've said plenty of dumb shit then and in the intervening years. Who cares. Lets argue about the music now, MAAAN.

i couldn't find that other post ....but that Shawnna album is Hot turtle shit

"The Chronic sucks,U & Dat sucks,Foundation is good,Shawnna is a 8.5,that Trina shit is good,Rappin 4 Tay is a classic,that new scarface is good,cali iz active is wack"

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

"The Chronic sucks,U & Dat sucks,Foundation is good,Shawnna is a 8.5,that Trina shit is good,Rappin 4 Tay is a classic,that new scarface is good,cali iz active is wack"

The Chronic is great but I don't listen to it as much as 2001 like most people who aren't afraid of new rap, U&Dat is garbage unless you're gay for TPain, Foundation is good, Shawnna is an 8.5, the new Trina record is garbage and i've said that the whole thread you non-reading motherfucker, Rappin 4Tay IS fucking classic you herb, Scarface is a legend, Cali iz Active is overrated by calicentric herbs on soulstrut who will accept mediocrity because it makes them nostalgic for UCLA keggers where they first heard doggystyle.

The Chronic is great but not as good as '01, U&Dat is garbage unless you're gay for TPain, Foundation is good, Shawnna is an 8.5, Trina is garbage and i've said that the whole thread you non-reading motherfucker, Rappin 4Tay IS fucking classic you herb, Scarface is a legend, Cali iz Active is overrated by calicentric herbs on soulstrut who wish they lived in the south.

LOL !

I'm sorry dude...your goddamn taste sucks ass.....and it pained me not letting you know .....i'm really sorry...i have never heard such asinine things spoken about music ...the shit was killin me dude....just forget i said it man...its cool...i'm sorry

The Chronic is great but I don't listen to it as much as 2001 like most people who aren't afraid of new rap, U&Dat is garbage unless you're gay for TPain, Foundation is good, Shawnna is an 8.5, Trina is garbage and i've said that the whole thread you non-reading motherfucker, Rappin 4Tay IS fucking classic you herb, Scarface is a legend, Cali iz Active is overrated by calicentric herbs on soulstrut who will accept mediocrity because it makes them nostalgic for UCLA keggers where they first heard doggystyle.

Deej, you sound so emotional like Carl Thomas right now.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    OK well as much as I'm enjoying disses from the "low end maurauder" who thinks rappin 4-tay isn't classic rap music and that scarface sucks....fuck all yall.

My taste sucks ass but dudes are riding for TPain. Gas face.

OK well as much as I'm enjoying disses from the "low end maurauder" who thinks rappin 4-tay isn't classic rap music and that scarface sucks....fuck all yall.

maaan ...i apologize dude....i meant no harm....we're just discussing

cmon dude...relax....its the internet

Faux ...

you heard that new Shawnna ?

Noz ?

o-dub?

Batmon?

Bellcity?

33third?

Magnetic?

Chan?

Johnny?

Wizzle?

Brian?

Herm?

who else ......

just sayin

these are opinions i'd like....just to test my ear....maybe my ear is a little off...but ...8.5 ? shit is like a 4.5 or worse ...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    The reason these threads seem to suck is because they're all people stating "facts" about whether an album is hot or garbage without actually saying shit about the music itself so I can understand where archaic is coming from when he gets heated - its like arguing with a brick wall of conformist rap canon bullshit that pretends to be 'above' herbish okayplayer nerds but is just as conservative and relies just as much on everyone on the board going for presumptuous assumptions and recieved wisdom about what is wrong with shawnna or kris kross or any artist not a part of the Approved Canon of Acceptable Artists (Now with 100% more UGK!), and no one dares to explain why they dislike shit beyond 'can't rap.' I believe edpowers check shawnna but i'm sure he had no intention of actually pretending to even try to like it.

8.5 is like ....classic ......

The reason these threads seem to suck is because they're all people stating "facts" about whether an album is hot or garbage without actually saying shit about the music itself so I can understand where archaic is coming from when he gets heated - its like arguing with a brick wall of conformist rap canon bullshit that pretends to be 'above' herbish okayplayer nerds but is just as conservative and relies just as much on everyone on the board going for presumptuous assumptions and recieved wisdom about what is wrong with shawnna or kris kross or any artist not a part of the Approved Canon of Acceptable Artists (Now with 100% more UGK!), and no one dares to explain why they dislike shit beyond 'can't rap.' I believe edpowers check shawnna but i'm sure he had no intention of actually pretending to even try to like it.

i have no idea what you just said

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Dude my 8.5 is arbitrary and I don't really give a shit about how you quantify your enjoyment of music. "its a good album, i like it" = 8.5

If yr having trouble with that para., that might explain why you thought i like glamorous life and hated the chronic.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts

Faux ...

Please be serious.

She can't rap.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    yeah but you're wrong.

"Gettin Some" is dope...that 1st song is cool....but for real......

she can't rap....................

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Faux ...

Please be serious.

She can't rap.

blasphemy....this is hot fire son....

I wanna, li-li-li-lick you from yo' head to yo' toes
    And I wanna, move from the bed down to the down to the to the flo'
    Then I wanna, ahh ahh - you make it so good I don't wanna leave
    But I gotta, kn-kn-kn-know what-what's your fan-ta-ta-sy

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    Faux ...

Please be serious.

She can't rap.

blasphemy....this is hot fire son....

I wanna, li-li-li-lick you from yo' head to yo' toes
    And I wanna, move from the bed down to the down to the to the flo'
    Then I wanna, ahh ahh - you make it so good I don't wanna leave
    But I gotta, kn-kn-kn-know what-what's your fan-ta-ta-sy

I really don't have too much of an opinion on Shawna, but I can't see how that's any better/worse than most hooks on the radio today.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Johnny?

Can you post that rofl emoticon for me so I can copy it to my graemlins folder