What kind of record bag do you use?

Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
Didn't get much feedback on trying to find the old thread, so here's a new one.I need to take around 100 records, so I may be getting two bags, but what do yall use for taking records on the plane and to gigs? Is UDG a reliable brand? Thanks in advance.-J

Comments

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    i think Ubiquity might be having a sale on theirs still. It may have ended though. Don't know if that helps at all.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I've been using this for the past 5 years...

Works fine for me. Then again, I haven't DJ'ed in 7 years.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

nothing but absolute love for this bag set. i dragged it all over the NW and have 0 complaints.

nothing but absolute love for this bag set. i dragged it all over the NW and have 0 complaints.

that looks good, can you carry it on a plane, or is it too big?

• RustyBRustyB 223 Posts
    I use a standard roll on suitcase, and bring a record bag in the suitcase. I also carry a brief-case like bag for some extra records that dont fit in the standard roll suitcase.. I got the suitcase that fits in the over-head, so I usually just stuff a couple of bits of clothing or whatever in the briefcase bag and the area where the records are filling up the bag.. Works like a charm every-time.. Traveled thru Euro, Canada and U.S. this style..Also if you have to check it, no worries about dudes grabing your record bag, cause it looks like everyone elses.

• tsmtsm 16 Posts

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    Didn't get much feedback on trying to find the old thread, so here's a new one.

I need to take around 100 records, so I may be getting two bags, but what do yall use for taking records on the plane and to gigs? Is UDG a reliable brand? Thanks in advance.

-J

the moneygig is good, and the UDG rollers are excellent. I dunno about the gravis one, but UDG is specifically designed to be the exact dimensions for fitting in overhead compartments and plane aisles.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    i remember an old post on this recommending this
    {image]http://www.odysseygear.com/images/products/lrg/klp070dlx.jpg[/img]

the site djdeals.com has it for 129.99 and they got the exact same one for 99.99 by a company called eurolite... any difference in the two?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I've had that aluminum one made by Odyssey for quite a number of years. Have trucked it across the U.S. and even to China. It's had a few small problems but nothing I'd consider a deal breaker. If you're looking for a convenient flight case with wheels? It's worth the money.

Otherwise, the Technics style bag is popular for good reason: simple and effective.

I've never wanted to use anything else though those new Serato bags look kind of illy but cotdamn, they are $$$.

• sup Holiday?

100? thats a lotta freakin records. Where you going with 100 records?

... for SF I just threw them shits into the suitcase with my clothes, but I only had like 40 or so

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    I traded a record for a Ubiquity bag here on soulstrut. I've been using it for about 1.5 years (+20 airline trips), and it's been great. It prolly doesn't hold the amout of records you want, but it's got a lot of pockets to stow accessories and what-not. Check out their site http://www.ubiquityrecords.com/accesories_frame.htm . Free shipping.

• john_doejohn_doe 237 Posts
    I use one of the older YakPak backpack style record bags...don't even think they make them anymore...I think it's pretty solid. I had one of the Odyssey backback style bags also (held about 30 records, I think) but the strap ripped right out of the top of the bag after 3 or 4 uses. The hard Odyssey cases are probably better to use.

• DJAckDJAck 255 Posts
    all of though suggestions are great but what about the DJ who likes bleeding hands?

• Yup - got one too. When you extend the trolley handle you can put a regalur record bag on top as well = enough for gigs.

• wooshiewooshie 490 Posts

• wooshiewooshie 490 Posts

sup Holiday?

100? thats a lotta freakin records. Where you going with 100 records?

... for SF I just threw them shits into the suitcase with my clothes, but I only had like 40 or so

whatup rocc-

i'm playing a party in SLC in a few weeks, my set will be about 2 hrs, so I want to make sure that i've got a little breathing room.

and thanks for the suggestions everybody, i just ordered the udg trolley set, seemed like the best bet