dope cover version of SCORPIO

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
i found at bagatelle a couple days ago. group is called THE SOUND EFFECTS.album called SUMMER 72. on QMO records. bboybraeksgalore. peace, stein. . .

Comments

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    I'll say! why u spilling the beans stein? I love this version!!!!! U up on the evergreen collage band version with the dope ass clarinet?

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    yeah yo , they got a bunch of nice ripoff comps with fairly chunky cover versions...scorpio being the hottest.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    i found at bagatelle a couple days ago. group is called THE SOUND EFFECTS.
    album called SUMMER 72. on QMO records. bboybraeksgalore. peace, stein. . .

Snippet plaese?

• doeizmdoeizm 77 Posts
    yeah yo , they got a bunch of nice ripoff comps with fairly chunky cover versions...scorpio being the hottest.

yeah dope version - too bad you have to pump the hell out of the gain to play it out tho. 10+ songs to a side is

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

thx tony!

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    Not to rain, but the QMO version is kinda butt. In addition to the aforementioned quietness, the bongos come in too soon--overall there's no tension, know what I mean? I'd put it above Hoctor, and on par with Vic Flick, but below just about everything else.

Avant version edges out Johnny RicottaCheese, por favor believe it.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    I'll say! why u spilling the beans stein? I love this version!!!!! U up on the evergreen collage band version with the dope ass clarinet?

I am. I found about 8 of them for real cheap and sold all but one on Ebay last year or so.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i found at bagatelle a couple days ago. group is called THE SOUND EFFECTS.
    album called SUMMER 72. on QMO records. bboybraeksgalore. peace, stein. . .

Thats the one with the red cover where scorpio is the last track right?

If thats the one then I used that shit for my Soulstrut EP song.... those drums are hard as blue balls.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    If anybody wants to trade for this, I've got one that I'd be pleased to pass on. Send me a PM.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    U up on the evergreen collage band version with the dope ass clarinet?

If anybody needs this come holler my way

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I thought everybody found Summer 72 early in their dig game, I used to see that shit all the time

• 66666666 29 Posts
    is this on vinyl or cd

• wooshiewooshie 490 Posts
    Vinyl.

Dont rush out and buy that shit now, It's not that dope.

the evergreen collage band version is doper