jon lucien

DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
Does an og Mind's Eye have white cardbaord inside the sleeve?

Comments

• No, gray.

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts
    We need some pictures in this thread

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    I was just going to make a post about dude. been listening to Rashida all morning. Nice way to spend a sunday.

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts
    I was just going to make a post about dude. been listening to Rashida all morning. Nice way to spend a sunday.

he's definitely regarded high among soul/jazz collectors and his albums are very essential but I have not noticed much talk about him on soulstrut. Maybe because he's too obvious.

I don't listen to his music constantly but I never grow tired of it.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Co-sign. I'm overdue for a listen myself. I love that album. I had a chance to see him live and talk with him a few years ago. He was a very nice, humble guy.

• I was just going to make a post about dude. been listening to Rashida all morning. Nice way to spend a sunday.

Co-sign. I'm overdue for a listen myself. I love that album. I had a chance to see him live and talk with him a few years ago. He was a very nice, humble guy.

Awesome, does anyone know if he still plays?

All I have is rashida, I want more.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    does anyone know if he still plays?

He's part of the "Legends of Jazz Fusion" tour that is
    going around this summer. I plan on going to the Boston show,
    it's got quite a crazy lineup!

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    IF anyone is looking for a vg copy of the Rashida 7" EP or a NM copy of his search for the inner self 45, let me know i gots dem for sale.

Search.....is total

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I have not noticed much talk about him on soulstrut. Maybe because he's too obvious.

Rashida used to come up in discussion every now and then years ago. Someone would say "this is lame-o crap" and others would say "no man, it's super smooth jazzy goodness" and tempers would flair. I was, and continue to be, in the latter camp: Lucien for life. (Except the new stuff, which, as one would expect, is "please stop this now before i start bleeding internally" bad).

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    I have not noticed much talk about him on soulstrut. Maybe because he's too obvious.

Rashida used to come up in discussion every now and then years ago. Someone would say "this is lame-o crap" and others would say "no man, it's super smooth jazzy goodness" and tempers would flair.

GROWN FOLKS MUSIC. Never goes over well on Soulstrut. Wonder why?

one of the great voices of all time IMO. His version of Lady Love (is his the OG version?) is every time for me. Rashida is real dope, too.

• i love me some lucien!

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    "Legends of Jazz Fusion" tour

Do tell. Can't find info on that.
    Oh, and Lucien's cool in my book. The vocals on his first RCA LP are wonderful.

• All I have is rashida, I want more.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Rashida=