Sound Providers New Single = THE REALNESS!!!

IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
WOW anyone else hear there new single? The Sound Providers & Surreal OH SNAP!! Than NICE ish, takes me to a good place! And the MC, Classic steez fo sho!!! Classic CLASSIC!!!

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    yousendit?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    are these the dudes that sound like a bootleg PUTS?

• yousendit?

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    I dig the soundproviders its just that theres only so many of those kind of 12"s you can buy know what i mean?

• I dig the soundproviders its just that theres only so many of those kind of 12"s you can buy know what i mean?

well sure, but I still wouldn't mind hearing it before writing it off as superflous.

• hot girls walk into my shop asking for their 12"s (no ayo)

and buy them. i've been a fan for years.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I've always liked these dudes - seriously, I have - but I was kind of bugging out that they put out what amounts to a "greatest hits" compilation this year that only covers four years of recording:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E5K...v=glance&n=5174

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    hot girls walk into my shop asking for their 12"s (no ayo)

WHAT?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

WHAT?

Recognize the real and get on their level:

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

WHAT?

Recognize the real and get on their level:

But is it OK to call them whiteboys?

• I've always liked these dudes - seriously, I have - but I was kind of bugging out that they put out what amounts to a "greatest hits" compilation this year that only covers four years of recording:

O-Dub,

We were worried about folks expressing that same exact sentiment. It wasn't so much of a geatest hits as it was us just putting all of our old music (when the group consisted of three cats) on one player friendly format (cd) for people to check. More of a time capsule joint from 98-2001. In addition, it served the purpose of putting an official "." at the end of the 3 man group phase of our recordings, seeing as the Sp's consist of just two beatmakers these days (myself and my partner Jay). Even still, we were concerned with cat's thinking that was a strange move. We were wraping up recording on our new lp at the same time though, so we figured once the new album drops it wouldn't seem so out of place, odd, premature, ect. Anyhow, the new lp is taking a little longer to drop then we expected, and so we didn't have the quick follow-up to the "greatest hits" like we wanted. So much for our pre-emptive strike. Wraping this all up though, we just got back the new lp from mastering and everything sounds right and exact... shouldn't be much longer now. So that's the scoop g. Apologies for the curveball to anyone who checks for our music.

New lp, "True Indeed" coming soon.

Thanks for the support people.
    -soulo

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    i've been a fan for years.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    are these the dudes that sound like a bootleg PUTS?
    yes.
    I like them but get a little tired of 4 bar loops

i do like
    Get Down[/b], For Old Time's Sake, Autumns Evening Breeze, and The Throwback Remix though.

I've heard about you dudes.

You're in San Diego, but judging by that picture I don't think I've ever seen you guys around.

I mean, the record nerd community here is pretty small, so it seems impossible not to have bumped into you at least at one point. Do you not go to record shows? Kobeys?

I've also noticed a weird thing about being in san diego is that everybody knows Steve Kader. I mean, up in LA, the bay, wherever, people know Steve.

Anyways, next time your at a record show or whatever come and introduce yourself. I'll be the dude buying easy listening records on purpose. Hard to miss!

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    I like them but get a little tired of 4 bar loops
    cosign.
    looking forward to listen to the new stuff, but up to now I always missed the added value. IMO, one may expect more these days, when it comes to instrumental (or even "jazzy") hip-hop.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I remember buying their first 12" at a store (1998?)...
    I wrote an email to one of the guys (his email-address was printed on the sticker - Soulo?) saying thanks for the good music. And he wrote back. Good fellas! I really like their music. Down to earth music.

• are these the dudes that sound like a bootleg PUTS?

Thats like a pat on the back and a swift knee to the midsection, all at once.

It's all gravy though, for real, i'm just hype that you're familiar with some of the music.

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    it is OK to call Jay Skillz a whiteboy

• I've heard about you dudes.

You're in San Diego, but judging by that picture I don't think I've ever seen you guys around.

I mean, the record nerd community here is pretty small, so it seems impossible not to have bumped into you at least at one point. Do you not go to record shows? Kobeys?

I've also noticed a weird thing about being in san diego is that everybody knows Steve Kader. I mean, up in LA, the bay, wherever, people know Steve.

Anyways, next time your at a record show or whatever come and introduce yourself. I'll be the dude buying easy listening records on purpose. Hard to miss!

Dizzy, yeah i'm around man. Not around town as much as I use to be, but still surface once and awhile. For the most part I try to stay in the lab. When I am out in the mix though, i'm usually loungin with Lakan and Phil. Those are my people. I do know Steve and actually bought a little stack of stuff from him last weekend at the show. My partner Jay stays out in Florida, so it's just me in San Diego these days. I'll be on the lookout for you next time i'm making the rounds g. Word.

-soulo

Lakan and Phil.

AKA my favorite couple!!!

• WOW anyone else hear there new single? The Sound Providers & Surreal OH SNAP!! Than NICE ish, takes me to a good place!

And the MC, Classic steez fo sho!!! Classic CLASSIC!!!

had it in the mail today

good times

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    soulo, cool to see you on the strut.
    sound providers = most slept on group in underground hip hop.
    peace, stein. . .

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    word. i like these dudes.

*cough*keroonesoundprovidersremixcomingsoon*cough*cough*