diplo @ warsaw

soul_lurkersoul_lurker 99 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
any one planning to check this show out 2nite. Im guessing it will be a big mashup of brazil-o-hipness maybe something like this:http://mp.aol.com/audio.index.adp?pmmsid...603899/main%23. or this:http://mp.aol.com/video.full.adp?pmmsid=1439760So what's the word? Czech it or not?ps.thanks dan,(delays got my back) where's marco? only one of you bitches posted on my wedding thread, no wonder i lurk like this

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Here's an article about Dip that from yesterday's Philadelphia Inquirer:

Posted on Wed, Jul. 19, 2006

Musical Diplo-mat[/b]
    The globe-trotting Philadelphia DJ and producer is on tour with his latest finds, from Brazil.
    By Dan DeLuca
    Inquirer Music Critic

Even Diplo thinks that Diplo is "the worst name ever."

The Philadelphia DJ born Thomas Wesley Pentz - who will headline a sold-out show at the Mummers Museum on Friday, with his Brazilian proteges Bonde Do Role and Cansei de Ser Sexy - isn't quite sure why he has kept his tag. The name, short for diplodocus, was hung on him by a teenage friend after he told her she looked like a stegosaurus.

But with the run of success he has had since hosting his first Hollertronix parties at the Ukrainian American Citizens Association in Northern Liberties almost four years ago, it would be dumb to dump Diplo now.

"At this point, I'm trying to establish 'Diplo' as something like 'Delta' airlines," Diplo says. "Something that doesn't make any sense, just a nonsense word that everybody knows."

(read more)

• thanks d,
    i was hoping someone out here had seen the show and would submit oh let's say..... some positive feedback about the show. if i was a single gambling type the odds would be pretty good for some serious backroom craziness. i mean seriously the neighborhood is full of horny polish girls and diplo does attract the hipster eye candy, so what up. judging by the number of reads on this post there are not too many who actually post, but i have the day off, what do i know.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    Like Elvis, another white guy with boundless enthusiasm for music made by darker-skinned people, Diplo was born in Tupelo, Miss.

That is without a doubt the single worst line I've read in a good while. And I read Vibe.

• catchdubscatchdubs 492 Posts
    warsaw show should be real fun. last nights NYC stop on the tour was cancelled so they did the show at the afterparty spot and it really went off.

Here is some info on the two Brazilian groups (CSS and Bonde Do Role).

• That's what i'm talking bout. I read some of this article also. BTW, Why was last night's show cancelled???
    that should make for a really packed show tonight, right? unless people will still b torn up from the aftaparty.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    virgil,

you going, dude? i live like 4 blocks away, so i may just go. get at me nephew.

• i might "dip" in fo a minute, wifey's doin the bachelorette party tonight. I didn't think you a fan. btw why u callin out the lurk in broad daylight, i know where you live

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    Like Elvis, another white guy with boundless enthusiasm for music made by darker-skinned people, Diplo was born in Tupelo, Miss.

wow.

the philly daily news is the worst newspaper in a major city....unless you REALLY like the E-A-G-L-E-S.

• Like Elvis, another white guy with boundless enthusiasm for music made by darker-skinned people, Diplo was born in Tupelo, Miss.

That is without a doubt the single worst line I've read in a good while. And I read Vibe.

HAHAHAHAHA!

Agreed