what's THE summer jam 2006?

2»

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    "Gettin' Some" is so bad that I will change the station to avoid listening to it.

Deej, you are in your own little world--that record is awful.
    WTF are you talking about 'own little world,' it was a massive hit. Do you go to clubs?

Ah, what would an argument about taste be without the requisite accusatory "I am beginning to think you don't even go to the club and don't like girls!" line? Except I'm usually the one to deliver it. It's still an awful record, though.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    "Gettin' Some" is so bad that I will change the station to avoid listening to it.

WTF are you talking about 'own little world,' it was a massive hit. Do you go to clubs? Its a great track, pitch-perfect production, hook, rapping, lack of t-pain...everything you want on a dancefloor rap anthem.

A massive hit!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

It was a minor hit featuring gruff vocals from a mannish looking woman.

Although I can understand if that is appealing to you...

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    Do you go to clubs? Its a great track,

Actually I've always wondered if the Rillz-man goes to clubs.

That Shawnna is whatever...not bad not great. I like that joint from last summer with the Timbo beat (Spanish Guiat double time bounce-ness).

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    a mannish looking woman. Although I can understand if that is appealing to you...

Sayin'

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    A massive hit!

It was a minor hit

OK I guess that depends on if you listen to rap music or not
    It was a huge hit on rap radio and in clubs that play rap, but maybe you spend more time with KISS-FM or something.

WTF are you talking about 'own little world,' it was a massive hit. Do you go to clubs? Its a great track, pitch-perfect production, hook, rapping, lack of t-pain...everything you want on a dancefloor rap anthem.

A massive hit!

It was a minor hit featuring gruff vocals from a mannish looking woman.

WTF? Do you spend much time in Deej's mindgarden?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Yes power92 and rap clubs = 'deej's mindgarden'

A massive hit!

It was a minor hit

It was a huge hit on rap radio and in clubs that play rap, but maybe you spend more time with KISS-FM or something.

Deej, stop molesting me and Paycheck's playbook.

We were accusing people of not liking rap back when you were listening to Kriss-Kross.

It's just a wack record, and it's not any deeper than that, okay?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    A massive hit!

It was a minor hit

In TX it gets played somewhat...but noone seems to like it...for good reason...it's horrible.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    It's just a wack record

No.

Really I dont know what else to say at this point but that i can't imagine anyone really hating this. Club anthem. Too Short hook. is about getting head. versatile rapping. great beat. No dated lil jon synths. No t-pain. no bullshit.

A massive hit!

It was a minor hit

I listen to rap radio pretty much every day actually. I also talk to a lot of guys "in the rap game" on a pretty regular basis.

And I was going to "clubs that play rap" when you were home with mom listening to (you guessed it) Kriss Kross

But that's neither here nor there

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    A massive hit!

It was a minor hit

I listen to rap radio pretty much every day actually. I also talk to a lot of guys "in the rap game" on a pretty regular basis.

And I was going to "clubs that play rap" when you were home with mom listening to (you guessed it) Kriss Kross

But that's neither here nor there
    The kris kross burn is pretty weak, as it just makes you sound old and cranky.
    80s babys are the present and future.

Ok Deej, what do you think the Summer Jam Has been so far? The ppls choice/mindgarden?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Ok Deej, what do you think the Summer Jam Has been so far? The ppls choice/mindgarden?

I already agreed with you upthread about "Its Goin Down"

Right on "deej".

You're a funny dude.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Really I dont know what else to say at this point but that i can't imagine anyone really hating getting head.

Rep your local bowcat experience!

For what it's worth (read: nothing), I like this song and have played it at clurbs to good response. It's definitely not for every crowd, though.

• Really I dont know what else to say at this point but that i can't imagine anyone really hating getting head.

Rep your local bowcat experience!

For what it's worth (read: nothing), I like this song and have played it at clurbs to good response. It's definitely not for every crowd, though.

GETTIN' SOME is the preferred anthem of sunburned wheelchair dudes
    with distorto Sanyo boomboxes tied with shoelaces to the wheelchair.
    (Uptown, Chicago, Ill. Summer 2006 number one jamm)

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Right on "deej".

You're a funny dude.

He got yall with that 80's baby bit!!

I still like promiscuous girl. I must be gay or something.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    as much as i hate to say it it has to be one of these three:

me and u
    promiscuous
    it's going down

as much as i hate to say it it has to be one of these three:

me and u
    promiscuous
    it's going down

The Beyonce and Jay-Z collab has been gathering some late summer steam.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Me & U sounds like a '06 R&B "Mass Appeal"
    ironically
    Its dope hot though.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Summerjam is pretty easily "It's Goin' Down."

Whether or not it's really any good, "Gettin' Some" still works pretty well in the clubs. Girls like that shit, it's just a bunch of 808 kicks, and the hook is easy to sing along to. I don't think Shawnna is as bad as most of the rap nerds on this board, but I also don't think she's a phenomenal rappers.

People just like pushing your buttons, Deej. You get a bit too ass-hurt about your homegirl.

-e

• People just like pushing your buttons, Deej. You get a bit too ass-hurt about your homegirl.

Yeah, it's not like somebody disparaged Weezy F. Baby.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Are "Do It Do It" and "Shoulder Lean" not getting hammered in the rest of the country? What about the chain hang low song, aka the most retarded shit ever?

"Its Goin Down" was promptly replaced by "You See It" here about a month ago

"U & Dat" is huge

I liked "Me & U" at first but it got tired pretty quick

I haven't heard "Crazy" in months

• Cham- That shit has more remixes than the Black Album