Pro Monitor Advice

SoundDoctrineSoundDoctrine 9 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
I need a good cheap pair ($200 max) of studio non-powered/passive monitors...I suffer with mixing heavily particularly in the bass ranges...So I want them to give me a good flat "honest" sound that won't bring up bass for my benefit in mixing...I'm using computer speakers and headphnes with a waaaaay better setup and it's getting pitiful...Any brand/product suggestions?Any for sale?

Comments

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    Not sure how much you're going to find in that price range... plus most entry-level monitors are powered nowadays. I think the Alesis Monitor One's are okay. I've used Monitor Twos for a minute and they do the job. Event 20/20s are usable too.

If you want to do bass-heavy music you might consider pairing either of these with a subwoofer.

I'm thinking about getting some new monitors myself... either the Blue Sky Prodesk 2.1 or the Adam A7's.

We used to have Dynaudios at the house but that's kinda

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    The new Yamaha's have been given a good rap. They went up against a bunch of others in Future Music test and were praised for their clarity and lack of "hyping" frequncies. They're powered but they sound like they'd be perfect for what you want.

http://www.yamaha-europe.com/yamaha_euro...10ST/index.html

Otherwise I've used a pair of ART passive's for years and think they're great, and not too expensive. Just avoid Behringers, and be wary of KRK's cos they do colour the sound.

Good luck!

• G'looks forreal...