When producers change their image...

13»

Comments

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    [...] his clothes back then have more in common with the music he's trying to make now (is that like...irony or something?)

I bet you haven't heard his new album, have you ?

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    [...] his clothes back then have more in common with the music he's trying to make now (is that like...irony or something?)

Isn't this supposed to be his hip-hop album thrown with a couple of Target commercial jingles?

Honestly, It's something I'd check out a curiousity, like when people look at car wrecks.

• [...] his clothes back then have more in common with the music he's trying to make now (is that like...irony or something?)

Isn't this supposed to be his hip-hop album thrown with a couple of Target commercial jingles?

Honestly, It's something I'd check out a curiousity, like when people look at car wrecks.

Jeebus, that bad??

• What this thread seems to imply is that clothing is the number one factor in deciding an artist's credibility*

*besides of course the most important issue of whether or not you still actually sell street drugs.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    What this thread seems to imply is that clothing is the number one factor in deciding an artist's credibility*

How did you come to that conclusion? Cats were just clownin' his style - that's all.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Age 60 - If you're still in the music game by this age, wear whatever you want.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

THIS is how you do it!

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    OHHH MAN.

I love Josh and all, but this is too much. An evil stylist seems to have gotten to him!

but dudes, he doesn't really dress like this out in the real world.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    hahahahaha, I respect y'all here at the soulstrut boards a lot... but getting this anal about a couple of pictures is just ridiculous.

it's just a f%$##king photoshoot!

Dude, nobody's getting I>anal/I> about anything.
    We know he doesn't dress like this, but even as a superfan you must admit it's a hilarious photoshoot.
    If Ghostface did this I'd clown him too.
    I can't stop thinking of that Matrix kid in Grandma's Boy when I look at these.

Aaaaanyway. We need to get collectivly amped for his new album.
    Just got the promo posters in today:

IMG SRC=http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/9612/joshcl0.jpg>
    I'm amped.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    I can't stop thinking of that Matrix kid in Grandma's Boy when I look at these.

dude..I just saw that 2 weekends ago. That shit is a under rated classic

Aaaaanyway. We need to get collectivly amped for his new album.
    Just got the promo posters in today:

IMG SRC=http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/9612/joshcl0.jpg>
    I'm amped.

oh my god...

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

This is so brilliantly hilarious, it makes my head hurt.

• This is so brilliantly hilarious, it makes my head hurt.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

This is so brilliantly hilarious, it makes my head hurt.

Cot damn!

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

Serious LOL.

Serious GAME OVER.

This thread can now die.

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    Man, the guy does one dodgy photoshoot and everyone's out to get him? I admit it's not a good look, but the dudes just finished an album, he's probably got 40 other corny interviews that ask the same question and 6 other photoshoots in the same day. He probably just said "Fuck it, I'm tired, do what ever you want..." to the stylist.

I dunno, I've got a lot of time for the dude, regardless of what he looks like.

• hahahahaha, I respect y'all here at the soulstrut boards a lot... but getting this anal about a couple of pictures is just ridiculous.

it's just a f%$##king photoshoot!

besides, he still wears the same stuff;

http://www.urb.com/online/features/djshadow.shtml

When DJ Shadow arrived at the URB photo shoot, he brought an old friend with him - the MPC he used to make his classic album, Entroducing. Watch Shadow reminisce with this essential piece of musical history. [/b]

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

D MUTHAFUCKER! D!

• wooshiewooshie 490 Posts
    I feel bad for Josh, we'd they get this outfit from and why'd he let them do it to him, He can't dress ghetto because dumb arse white people who say shit like "I don't like hip hop but i like jurrasic 5" will be like "wow, I don't like hip hop but I like the Matrix, I should buy this".

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Serious GAME OVER.

This thread can now die.

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts

It has like 5 hip-hop tracks (including the black eyed peas quasi-cover and a Ken Nordinish intro) and about 10 UK pop rock, Radiohead/Coldplay influenced songs.