stinky fucking shoes in the summer! damn, what?

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
Prolly should were socks, but I think that's a bad look. Especially with low-top Chucks.But is it worth the stink?The godawful dead-body stink?

Comments

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Prolly should were socks, but I think that's a bad look. Especially with low-top Chucks.

But is it worth the stink?

The godawful dead-body stink?

DUDE. Socks are

Just go to a sporting goods store and get some of those small socks (not sure the actual name).

I'm surprised you don't have athletes foot.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Prolly should were socks, but I think that's a bad look. Especially with low-top Chucks.

Stick a dryer sheet in them shits at night. Does wonders.

(confession: got that tip from Queer Eye.)

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    Just go to a sporting goods store and get some of those small socks (not sure the actual name).

Yeah, make sure to get the shits with the pom-poms. Pfft.

Fuck socks: shoes trees, money. The cedar ones. For a little while it'll feel like you're putting hollandiase on a McMuffin, but your dogs will end up markedly less mephitic.

Coincidentally enough, I got my first Chucks down in Orlando Eff Ell Ay. They came with a free David Bowie cassingle ("Fame '90," freaturing a pre-weed-bust Queen Latifah). I have retained neither the shoes nor the cassingle.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Yeah, make sure to get the shits with the pom-poms. Pfft.

LOL. I'd rather look at those then smell your rotting skin.

• dmacdmac 472 Posts

Dude, get some low-slung no-show white cotton footie socks. Avoid the stink of rotting canvas. There aren't many smells worse than that.

• dude just get some flip flops.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    dude just get some flip flops.

I love me some flip flops, but a day of wear gives the dirtiest fucking feet.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Dude, get some low-slung no-show white cotton footie socks. Avoid the stink of rotting canvas. There aren't many smells worse than that.

No need to go

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

I hate seeing some flip flops on a man in a restaurant....dont need any hairy ass ape toes exposed when I am trying to eat.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

I hate seeing some flip flops on a man in a restaurant....dont need any hairy ass ape toes exposed when I am trying to eat.

Damn, you hate flip-flops almost as much as vice magazine. BEACH ONLY!

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts

Seriously - comfort is paramount.

• Years ago I spent the summer rocking a pair of Vans (no socks). So one day I'm over at my sisters, and I take my shoes off and sit down on the couch to watch some TV. A few minutes later I'm like "What the fuck is that horrible smell?" I thought something dies under their couch. It was my sneakers. I was almost afraid to put them back on. Dang...

Ever since then, gotta have those lo-rise athletic socks...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I know lots of folks disagree, but i think sandals on men = weak.

Just buy some of this shit and sprinkle it in your shoe:
    http://www.odor-eaters.com/

It works perfectly.

Also, socks =

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    I hate seeing some flip flops on a man in in general[/b]

hairy ass ape toes

loool...yeah, huge cosign...I'd rather rock my adidas attitude high or my nike's and sweat evily...flip flops are only for the beaches...

wait for this.....

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    He who knows flip flops is enlightened. - Lao Tzu

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

LOL. Definition of NAGL.

Okay, all this talk about Evonne Goolagong socks and odor-fighting measures and mad-Swedish-looking flip-flop-hosiery aside, here is the elephant in the parlor: Rotate your shit. I don't care if you're rocking high socks, low socks, no socks, or four pairs of Saturn-ring socks on some David Robinson shit: unless you're going out like my man hogginthecloggs with the assorted flavored Crocs, any shoe--whether it's made of leather, canvas, hay, straw, or Land O' Frost pressed lunchmeat--will degrade and stink like mad cow if you wear it every day and don't properly air it out. My three-pronged advice: 1) Have more than one pair of shoes, 2) whenever you take your shoes off for the day, stick some wooden shoe trees in 'em to absorb some of the moisture and odor, and 3) when you wake up the next day, don't put on the pair with the shoes trees in 'em. It's so easy, even a record collector can do it.

• dmacdmac 472 Posts
    [...] My three-pronged advice: 1) Have more than one pair of shoes, 2) whenever you take your shoes off for the day, stick some wooden shoe trees in 'em to absorb some of the moisture and odor, and 3) when you wake up the next day, don't put on the pair with the shoes trees in 'em. It's so easy, even a record collector can do it.

• one time i went on a road trip through the westcoast late july, i dodn't wear sock for most of the trip, i had to toss my shoes when i got home.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Okay, all this talk about Evonne Goolagong socks and odor-fighting measures and mad-Swedish-looking flip-flop-hosiery aside, here is the elephant in the parlor: Rotate your shit. I don't care if you're rocking high socks, low socks, no socks, or four pairs of Saturn-ring socks on some David Robinson shit: unless you're going out like my man hogginthecloggs with the assorted flavored Crocs, any shoe--whether it's made of leather, canvas, hay, straw, or Land O' Frost pressed lunchmeat--will degrade and stink like mad cow if you wear it every day and don't properly air it out. My three-pronged advice: 1) Have more than one pair of shoes, 2) whenever you take your shoes off for the day, stick some wooden shoe trees in 'em to absorb some of the moisture and odor, and 3) when you wake up the next day, don't put on the pair with the shoes trees in 'em. It's so easy, even a record collector can do it.

LOL! "Land O' Frost"

RossCloggs is all about the cookie doh jernts.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    ...flip flops are only for the bitches[/b]...

• i dont have no hairy knuckle toe. my feet look hella good in flip flops and if flip flops are for the bitches than call me a biatch. this is so cal surf dude realted shit. deal with it.

• dmacdmac 472 Posts
    i dont have no hairy knuckle toe. my feet look hella good in flip flops and if flip flops are for the bitches than call me a biatch. this is so cal surf dude realted shit. deal with it.

Frank's from Richmond, VA. His post is from Club Bread, FLA. SoCal got nothin' [specifically] to do with it. But I'm sure your feets are as exceptional as you claim.

this is so cal surf dude realted shit.

So is crystal meth. And neither one is anything I wanna see in a restaurant.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Chucks w/out socks.

• dmacdmac 472 Posts
    Chucks w/out socks.

Self-sufficient toe jam factory.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    this is so cal surf dude realted shit.

So is crystal meth. And neither one is anything I wanna see in a restaurant.

BANG!

unless you are at the beach or showering at the Y, you shouldn't be rocking flip flops.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

AYODEL, Swiss Miss. You can take that shit to drawyourbrakes.com. The only crocs I'd ever rock would be ones killed to make me some berry charp cowboy boots. If you insist on impugning my choices in the area of pied-a-porter, I may have to ask you to take some three-donged advice.

Now, back to the question at hand: Frank, don't raw-dog your shoes. Ever. It ain't right.

And on the topic of low-top Chucks, you might wanna check out the Converse All-Star Slip-On:

Acceptable summer loafers.

Just don't listen to James when he tells you that you GOTSTA rotate these in (with matching Russian shapka, natch):

AYODEL, Swiss Miss. You can take that shit to drawyourbrakes.com. The only crocs I'd ever rock would be ones killed to make me some berry charp cowboy boots.

Oh, I seent chu out there rocking your heels of steel, cowbwoy:

And take my advice, star:

three-donged
    =
    Viral Infection HiFi
    =
    "More Fire (When Haffi Urinate)"
    DEAL WITH IT

DRIPPY RANKS

Now, back to the question at hand: Frank, don't raw-dog your shoes. Ever. It ain't right.
    Pfft. Chucks with socks is wack unless you're a cholo, Bowser from Sha Na Na, or a hot-panted extra from Hoosiers. Or, more to the point: being as ankle socks are not even part of the fucking conversation, finessing socks with Chucks requires either 1) a shame threshold beyond mid-calf elastic and/or 2) a willingness to engage in overly fussy "slouching" of one's socks, which is well outside the purview of the gentleman.

Just don't listen to James when he tells you that you GOTSTA rotate these in (with matching Russian shapka, natch):

I'm with those, but I rock one cuffed and one uncuffed--you know, hip-hop style. Got the yellow and green when it's time to get ill. Shapka to the back. All that.

All this is a smokescreen, though--you know you're just mad because your cankles limit you to those Rockport shits with the velcro.

CALIFORNIA SOLE

• so cal surf dude is not meth. that is more inland empire.