GRAILS THAT YOU COULDA HAD BUT MISSED LIKE A DUMMY

2»

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Roberto did you really want to pay $150 for a skated copy of the Whatnauts

G***ge's prices =

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    WOAH!!! I didn't realize thats how much he wanted for it, he even admitted it was jacked, I thought he was going to sell for $5. I mean, that shit was unplayable bean dip ready.

I didn't know he priced things at $5

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts

I think I'll be sleeping in for the rest of the summer

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

I used to get nice stuff from G****e back in the day for $5... Crazy Legs lp, James Brown Xmas lp, some good obscure rap stuff, lots of other schitt I can't remember now. A few minor marks, that's it. That was a while ago, but that stuff was still worth way more than what he was charging (You are talking about K**g G****e, right?)

I used to get nice stuff from G****e back in the day for $5... Crazy Legs lp, James Brown Xmas lp, some good obscure rap stuff, lots of other schitt I can't remember now. A few minor marks, that's it. That was a while ago, but that stuff was still worth way more than what he was charging (You are talking about K**g G****e, right?)

Me too... oh the memories

things have definitely changed

• NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts
    on saturday digging with h**ry

the king of DC diggers. period.

Pretty much, but anyone can have serious comeups if they negotiate the fleas correctly. I've gotta work on using my time wisely while in the locale being referenced........I got sonned not too long ago.

Oh yeah, forgot to contribute my story. Ok well basically I shop at this "secret" place in VA sometimes and my friend is the record buyer/manager. One day my roomate calls me and gets all dramatic and such.....like he's about to announce that he sighted Nessie or something. Instead, he informs me that he hit my spot and grabbed up my current top hip hop want for 1.00, and that it's in NM condition. Ohhhh you foolish Raw Dope Posse, sigh, you should have waited for me.

• ShahShah 35 Posts
    i was at a flea market on saturday digging with nitekrawler and h**ry and while i wasted time with a bunch of bad sleeveless rap records, h**ry went over to check someone else records and came up on a stack of about 25-30 early eighties boogie records including oliver cheatham - get down saturday night promo and bunch of other rarities. a long time want of mine that he didn't know of, but picked up. bummer.

Ouch...

This wasn't this last Saturday was it?

H***y's luck with records is just unfathomable really. Did he ever tell you the story of how he came up on a Minimoog at the flea?

• ShahShah 35 Posts

Pretty much, but anyone can have serious comeups if they negotiate the fleas correctly. I've gotta work on using my time wisely while in the locale being referenced........I got sonned not too long ago.

You're not stalking about that damn Moog Hair LP?

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

Some homies and I are digging in the back of an antique store. To set the ambience, I suppose, the store owners had glued 45s to the walls and thumbtacked LPs to the ceiling (through the center hole, not through the actual vinyl). One record on the ceiling catches my eye--white vinyl with little flecks of color in it. I think, "That's a cool-looking record," and then bury my nose back in the crate I'm flipping through. Less than a minute later, my homie says, "Oh shit!" and takes the white vinyl off the ceiling. It's a "Frisco Disco" 12. $2 Doh!

wow, that kills me, i passed that up myself before when i didn't know what it was...

Some homies and I are digging in the back of an antique store. To set the ambience, I suppose, the store owners had glued 45s to the walls and thumbtacked LPs to the ceiling (through the center hole, not through the actual vinyl). One record on the ceiling catches my eye--white vinyl with little flecks of color in it. I think, "That's a cool-looking record," and then bury my nose back in the crate I'm flipping through. Less than a minute later, my homie says, "Oh shit!" and takes the white vinyl off the ceiling. It's a "Frisco Disco" 12. $2 Doh!

wow, that kills me, i passed that up myself before when i didn't know what it was...

not a hard record to find

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

now i feel better. but, honestly i passed on it a few years back for 2 bucks and haven't seen it (in the field, not in a store) since...

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

It's moreso the fact that I looked right at it but didn't bother to read the label that gets me.

You're not stalking about that damn Moog Hair LP?

Nope, I'm refering to the Positive Change I passed when I was literally falling asleep at the flea.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    A couple of years ago at a local record show I put
    back a $20 mint promo of O.V. Wright's first LP, If It's
    Only for Tonight
    , because I thought it was "too clean"
    and had to be a reissue oir boot. We won't even get into the fact
    that there is no reissue or boot of that album that I've
    ever seen...the brain cramp only lasted long enough for me
    to walk over to another table, realize I was being an idiot,
    go back to get it, and see another guy walking away with it,
    canary-swallowing grin on his face. I'm fairly confident I
    will never see that album, that clean, ever again in my life -