mixer recs for a hip-hop DJ: Rane TTM-56 vs ?

sindiansindian 68 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
Hey all,I'm looking to upgrade my first generation 05Pro. Yeah, I know. I spin mostly hip-hop and do some scratching, so I'm looking for more of a battle mixer. I've been wanting to get one of the Ranes for 4-5 years now. The TTM-56 is still my top pick, but it looks like there are a lot more mixer manufacturers out there now. Most of which I'd never heard of, like Ecler, Urei, Allen & Smith. Some of the new Vestax mixers look all right, and I've heard the Stantons aren't bad either. I plan on hitting up the Guitar Center to try some out, but I thought I'd ask you all for your thoughts. Also, where can I get the best deal on a Rane? I've heard agiprodj.com has some decent prices. Thanks for the help.-Sindian

Comments

• Get urself a rane and dont look back.

rane =

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    Get urself a rane and dont look back.

rane =

HAIRY BELAFONTE UP IN THIS BITCH!

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    rane =

Had it for 4 years, SOLID!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Ditto what everyone else said. I had a 05-Pro too, upgraded to the Rane and have never regretted it. It's more $$$ but it's worth it.

• 1219197712191977 323 Posts
    Rane =

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    yeah, the ttm56 is the shit. i had an 05pro, upgraded to the rane, never looked back(is there an echo in here?). i use every input and output on there except for the mic in and i dont think i need anymore. its a great all around mixer. great faders, great eqs, the flex fx is the shit, aux in and out, master or cue headphone mix, tons of gain, balanced outputs, etc

the only issue i have with it is that when you engage the flex fx switch, you can sometimes hear pop of the switch. but thats pretty minor. everything else is awesome.

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts
    allen & heath sound better than rane str8 up, but probably not as functional for a battle type mixer,
    urei = game over, bozak = super game over, thats why rane knocked off the urei...

alrato