People walking up or down mechanical stairs?

JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
edited January 2016 in Off Topic (NRR)
WTF is wrong with you?

Comments

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    you get there faster.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    yeah, it's the "excuse me" thing that drives me mad.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

The left side of escalators are for walking, the right side for standing. Recognize!

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    the first time i was in NYC, i was on an escalator, and people were running up the shit... i'm from north carolina and we don't get down (or up) like that at all... i didn't realize what was going on until people started yelling at me... the dude behind me got all up on me, and yelled "go"... i told him "if they wanted you to walk up, they would have just made it stairs"... then him and his people called me a hick or something, but i just stood there all the way to the top, watching them turn red, and laughing on the inside... the difference in walking or running up and riding up would have probably been about 10 - 15 seconds at the most

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    As opposed to just bowling you over?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

The left side of escalators are for RUNNING, the right side for WALKING. Recognize!

Move your lazy asses-MOVE!!!!!!

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

Then don't stand in the very middle of the escalator with both your hands on the railing.

Have you ever had to go to the bathroom really really bad, or been late for work?

Get real guy.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    the first time i was in NYC, i was on an escalator, and people were running up the shit... i'm from north carolina and we don't get down (or up) like that at all... i didn't realize what was going on until people started yelling at me... the dude behind me got all up on me, and yelled "go"... i told him "if they wanted you to walk up, they would have just made it stairs"... then him and his people called me a hick or something, but i just stood there all the way to the top, watching them turn red, and laughing on the inside... the difference in walking or running up and riding up would have probably been about 10 - 15 seconds at the most

Its like running red lights, but on foot. You ain't really doin' anything...

Refusing to walk up or move for people who do walk up escalators is the epitome of laziness.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Refusing to walk up or move for people who do walk up escalators is the epitome of laziness.

TRUTH. as well as my biggest pet peave. some days I walk, and when I do, I go to the left. And days when I stand, I stay to the right. It is not that difficult.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

TRUTH. as well as my biggest pet peave. some days I walk, and when I do, I go to the left. And days when I stand, I stay to the right. It is not that difficult.

REAL TALK.

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts
    Nah, the worst is people who stand still on the people movers in airports. The sole purpose of those things is to help you walk faster, not so that you can stand there and look around.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Nah, the worst is people who stand still on the people movers in airports. The sole purpose of those things is to help you walk faster, not so that you can stand there and look around.

HaHaHa...NO SHIT! Why don't you just sit down and crack a bag of Doritos while your at it. I'd love nothing better then to pile-driver these people through a glass coffee table.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

couples holding hands, blocking the entire mover
    luggage every which way
    taking in the beauty that is concourse A - B 's connecting hallway

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

But what if I really, really want to soak in all the atmopshere and ambience of a fucking airport hallway?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

I do not believe that the sole purpose of of moving sidewalks is to help people walk faster. I'd much sooner consider it an aid for those who have trouble walking long distances than to ramp up the ability of those fully capable of walking.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

I do not believe that the sole purpose of of moving sidewalks is to help people walk faster. I'd much sooner consider it an aid for those who have trouble walking long distances than to ramp up the ability of those fully capable of walking.

that's what the mega-golf carts with flashing lights are for ?!?
    Duderonomy

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

That's what those golf cart things are for.

What's with fat people driving carts around anyways?

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

LOL. You beat me to it.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts

But what if I really, really want to soak in all the atmopshere and ambience of a fucking airport hallway?

And stare at the awesome light show in O'Hare.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

"the great thing about escalators is that they are never broken, they just turn into stairs...they should put a sign out when they stop working "sorry for the convienence"

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

it's really bad when you see them with a bag of snacks in their lap

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    Northeast cities are all about running up and down escalators. In Boston and NYC, people will flip their shit if you're in the way. I never noticed it being from the northeast, but all my friends from anywhere else were blown away by it. Kinda funny how people in Northeast cities are always in a rush, have more anger issues and are more likely to punch you if you bump into them.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

"the great thing about escalators is that they are never broken, they just turn into stairs...they should put a sign out when they stop working "sorry for the convienence"

RIP. Best joke ever.

One cool dude he was.

I think also to make it easier for the elderly and for people with luggage.

"the great thing about escalators is that they are never broken, they just turn into stairs...they should put a sign out when they stop working "sorry for the convenience"

The worst thing about broken escalators is you have to make baby steps up those initial steps that haven't fully extended yet. It always throws me off.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

LOL. You beat me to it.

I think it's ridiculously hilarious that people get mad at folks who stand on moving sidewalks if there is a walkway next to it. Go dumb.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

No Sir, you are doing something wrong and I won't help you to do it. You are not supposed to walk on an escalator. You put yourself and others in danger by doing so.
    I'm a safe citizen.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    No Sir, you are doing something wrong and I won't help you to do it. You are not supposed to walk on an escalator. You put yourself and others in danger by doing so.
    I'm a safe citizen.

Escalators Walkers = Reckless Dare Devils

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

it's really bad when you see them with a bag of snacks in their lap

Supermarket classic right there. I always feel like throwing tuna cans at them and then run.