pharrell hates sausage

gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
"Pharrell Williams, known for his catchy production and faux falsetto singing, may have jeopardized his new Louis Vuitton campaign due to certain disparaging comments made during a GQ magazine party.The Neptunes beat maker ??? who is set to appear in LV???s menswear campaign during the fall and winter ??? reportedly kicked out singer Elton John???s husband, David Furnish, and Burberry designer Christopher Bailey from his VIP suite in Milan, Italy.The reason? There was ???too much sausage??? in the room, and not enough ladies.The New York Daily News reported that Louis Vuitton representatives have been calling around ???taking the temperature??? for possible accusations of homophobia. They have reportedly even considered pulling Pharrell from the campaign.The newspaper cites ???multiple sources??? who claim international model Naomi Campbell telephoned Pharrell after reading the reports, and told him: ???Two words, Donna Summer.??? It was a reference to the disco diva???s career taking a nosedive after she allegedly made several homophobic remarks in 1981."

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Did he kick these two guys out of the room because they were gay or because he just wanted a room full of women? Nothing wrong with a room full of fine women! Skateboard P could catch some flack over this.

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts
    it was HIS vip suite, so who cares why he kicked em out...

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    The newspaper cites ???multiple sources??? who claim international model Naomi Campbell telephoned Pharrell after reading the reports, and told him: ???Two words, Donna Summer.???[/b] It was a reference to the disco diva???s career taking a nosedive after she allegedly made several homophobic remarks in 1981."

Um...no.

Two words: gay fanbase. Donna Summer had one, Pharrell does not.

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    Well, his career was already taking a nosedive.
    How many time his release date has been pushed back ?

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    The newspaper cites ???multiple sources??? who claim international model Naomi Campbell telephoned Pharrell after reading the reports, and told him: ???Two words, Donna Summer.???[/b] It was a reference to the disco diva???s career taking a nosedive after she allegedly made several homophobic remarks in 1981."

Um...no.

Two words: gay fanbase. Donna Summer had one, Pharrell does not.

I would bet there are plenty of Pharrell productions that get play in gay clubs.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Really??

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

Really??

i don't like "Number One" too much, but i thought "Mamacita" and "Angel" were solid as singles. apparently not.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    Did he kick these two guys out of the room because they were gay or because he just wanted a room full of women?

Either way, doesn't look good. You don't worry about kicking a dieter out of an eating contest.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    You really dont think pharell has a gay fanbase?

Come on, that new single with kanye is totally gay.

Sucks that he has to catch flack for kicking dudes out of his v.i.p. suite. I hardly see how thats homophobic. Too many dudes just doesnt make for a good party.....Unless you are gay i guess.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Did he kick these two guys out of the room because they were gay or because he just wanted a room full of women?

Either way, doesn't look good. You don't worry about kicking a dieter out of an eating contest.

GQ Magazine party = "a gay contest"?

You really dont think pharell has a gay fanbase?

Come on, that new single with kanye is totally gay.

Sucks that he has to catch flack for kicking dudes out of his v.i.p. suite. I hardly see how thats homophobic. Too many dudes just doesnt make for a good party.....Unless you are gay i guess.

Given the climate of homophobia in hip-hop, I for one won't extend the benefit of the doubt on that. I mean, i don't buy the man's music, so it really doesn't matter, but on the surface, it seems like there was some malice implied.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    pharrell should use this story to prove that he is NOT homophobic. normally, you toss guys out of a party because you dont want them infringing on your chances of getting ass. here, pharrell could have let the gay dudes stay, since they weren't competing, but because he is politically correct, pharrell booted all guys from his vip table, gay and straight.

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts

Come on, that new single video with kanye is totally gay.

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

i don't like "Number One" too much

that song would be ok if kanye was not on it, most of it he just says random shit like "yeah" "girl" "alright" "number one" and its fucking annoying and makes an average song into a shit one

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Nobody likes a "sausage party"....I would not have interpreted that as homophobic. It actually makes sense.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Nobody likes a "sausage party"....I would not have interpreted that as homophobic. It actually makes sense.

I think it was seen as being homophobic because Elton John's hubby and the Burberry designer guy were kicked out.

Is this blown out of proportion? Perhaps.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Hot women roll with gay dudes.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    Maybe those two guys are just annoying and Pharrell came up with an excuse to get rid of them...

This is stupid who really cares though. seriously.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

Hot women roll with gay dudes.

So do busted ones though.....

So did Pharell indirectly alienate all hot chicks?

Where's Fagtillo?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

I think it was seen as being homophobic because Elton John's hubby and the Burberry designer guy were kicked out.

My thoughts, exactly. And I doubt that P was falsettoing "No gay bros, bring more hoes."

Not to minimize their claim because I'm just speculating, but it seems to me like EJ's husband was overly sensitive to the situation.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    i really hate that sausage gets the bum rap in this deal. i mean, sausage is good. bacon is good. they should call it "pickle" as that is a condiment and not really necessary. i mean, when you compare it to sausage. and besides, pickles can really fuck you up. you ever seen someone run away from a sausage on national TV? i think not.

My thoughts, exactly. And I doubt that P was falsettoing "No gay bros, bring more hoes." Not to minimize their claim because I'm just speculating, but it seems to me like EJ's husband was overly sensitive to the situation.

Maybe I'm just arguing the other side because hip hop has an AWFUL rep when it comes to matters of sexuality, maybe Pharrell should have been a little more careful in his choice of words. Just speculation on MY part, but maybe he shouldn't have been so overly blase about the situation.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    "Pharrell Williams, known for his catchy production and faux falsetto singing, may have jeopardized his new Louis Vuitton campaign due to certain disparaging comments made during a GQ magazine party.

The Neptunes beat maker ??? who is set to appear in LV???s menswear campaign during the fall and winter ??? reportedly kicked out singer Elton John???s husband, David Furnish, and Burberry designer Christopher Bailey from his VIP suite in Milan, Italy.

The reason? There was ???too much sausage??? in the room, and not enough ladies.

The New York Daily News reported that Louis Vuitton representatives have been calling around ???taking the temperature??? for possible accusations of homophobia. They have reportedly even considered pulling Pharrell from the campaign.

The newspaper cites ???multiple sources??? who claim international model Naomi Campbell telephoned Pharrell after reading the reports, and told him: ???Two words, Donna Summer.??? It was a reference to the disco diva???s career taking a nosedive after she allegedly made several homophobic remarks in 1981."

whats the source for this story?

• DIGGADIGGADIGGADIGGA 456 Posts
    coulda fooled me!!!

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    i doubt pharrrell has a hard time pulling girls in the vip in some club in milan.
    but really...

This is stupid who really cares though. seriously.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    "Pharrell Williams, known for his catchy production and faux falsetto singing, may have jeopardized his new Louis Vuitton campaign due to certain disparaging comments made during a GQ magazine party.

The Neptunes beat maker ??? who is set to appear in LV???s menswear campaign during the fall and winter ??? reportedly kicked out singer Elton John???s husband, David Furnish, and Burberry designer Christopher Bailey from his VIP suite in Milan, Italy.

The reason? There was ???too much sausage??? in the room, and not enough ladies.

The New York Daily News reported that Louis Vuitton representatives have been calling around ???taking the temperature??? for possible accusations of homophobia. They have reportedly even considered pulling Pharrell from the campaign.

The newspaper cites ???multiple sources??? who claim international model Naomi Campbell telephoned Pharrell after reading the reports, and told him: ???Two words, Donna Summer.??? It was a reference to the disco diva???s career taking a nosedive after she allegedly made several homophobic remarks in 1981."

whats the source for this story?

www.nobodysmiling.com (http://www.nobodysmiling.com/hiphop/news/86390.php)

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I think the most troubling part of this story is that Pharrell's taking PR advice from Naomi Campbell.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I would much rather kick it with Elton John than bitch-ass Pharell. At least Elton John has written some good songs over the years.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    I would much rather kick it with Elton John than bitch-ass Pharell. At least Elton John has written some good songs over the years.

fuck yeah!