Gatefold covers warps theory

JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
OK, I gathered enough evidence to go public with this. Gatefold covers can cause record warps. Even if a record was vertical stored, when it's all the way into the spine, this could lead to a "one point warp". I guess the pressure of the cover it's enough to fuck said record. Of course, room temperature must be considered in this theory too.I have like 5 records, all in gatefold covers, with this kind of problem. I will publish my paper in "Record Nerd World" magazine's next issue.Thanks for your attention and please share your empirical evidence here.

Comments

• i agree.i always see it happen to gatefolds that only have one lp.cause i see it happen to alot of CTI's

• jonthedjjonthedj 30 Posts
    Hmmmm... some of my CTI's are slighty warped as well. Bastard gatefolds!
    Thank god non of them affect play... anyone had this happen where the record is fuct?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    The CTI thing makes totally sense, being the CTI covers sturdy as fuck.

Since I made this important discovery in record history, all my records in gatefold covers are stored between the two parts of the cover and not on the inside.

Those "local warps" could easily make the 2 first tracks of a record unplayable.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    I always stored them that way anyways because it was hard to find the sleeve in the gatefold and so i just left the sleeve in back of the record, so I guess I saved myself the heartache.