Randy Brecker, Tom Scott, David Sanborn.....

Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
all of 3 are usually remembered for the worst kind of fusion they used to playbut also they were involved in productions that were less MUZAK and more good music ....suggest a good album (NOT MUZAK)they received credit for....

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

all of 3 are usually remembered for the worst kind of fusion they used to play

but also they were involved in productions that were less MUZAK and more good music ....

suggest a good album (NOT MUZAK)they received credit for....

Breaker and Scott did tons of great music. I'll mention Ladies Of The Canyon as my introduction to Tom Scott. David Sanborn did the Saturday Night Live Theme, that was cool.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Right off the top of my head, David Sanborn played on "Talking Book" by Stevie Wonder, a classic.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Hey,

Right off the top of my head, David Sanborn played on "Talking Book" by Stevie Wonder, a classic.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Gotta respect that.

• Brecker-Hal Galper's Mainstream sessions
    Tom Scott-Melvin Van Peebles' "As Serious As a Heart Attack"
    David Sanborn-David MAthew''s "Dune" but seriously this is the guy behind NIGHT MUSIC
    which was and is the greatest show of all time

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Yeah, sure these 3 guys combined probably played on about a billion albums from the 60's to 80's - good and bad. So did a lot of people. They also "let loose" and made mostly gross smooth jazz as leaders.

Just say no.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Just say no to tacky jazz[/b].

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    precisely.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,893 Posts
    I really like Sanborn's "Straight To The Heart". This was with a 22-yr old Marcus Miller, so as a bass player, I was facemelted by it at the time. This is a live set featuring Buddy Williams, Miller, Don Grolnick, Hiram Bullock and Hamish Stuart. The band are well up for it. They do Al Green's "Love and Happiness" with Stuart on vocals which works really well IMHO.

The other Sanborn stuff I like is on the early Michael Franks albums, which may be a little for most of the boards but hey, I like it. Dude knows music, esp. when he throws the latin in. Keys on "Bwana He No Home" = Teh Meltz0rzz