Serato 1.5 recording of vinyl...

2»

Comments

• if you arnt in absolute mode you can click the tringle thingy to any part of the waveform and you jump there

also if you are really doing the cue points i think it's a must to buy some sort of USB/MIDI interface and use a MIDI to Keystroke program. i trigger all my cue points from a lil 2 octave keyboard, it feels better and it looks less nerdy than hitting keyboard shortcuts on beat

• per0per0 153 Posts
    I need.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Can someone explain how you're supposed to get back to certain parts of the record that aren't cue points?
    [Cashless]Use the "?" key fool[/Cashless]

In Absolute mode? Nah.. You just gotta needledrop. Absolute is no different than just having two 12" on your decks, that's why you need to move on up to Relative.

Seriously, just fuck with Relative for 2 days at home and you'll be sold.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

Can someone explain how you're supposed to get back to certain parts of the record that aren't cue points?
    [Cashless]Use the "?" key fool[/Cashless]

In Absolute mode? Nah.. You just gotta needledrop. Absolute is no different than just having two 12" on your decks, that's why you need to move on up to Relative.

Seriously, just fuck with Relative for 2 days at home and you'll be sold.

Just be sure to set a cue point at the BEGINNING of every track. Then you'll love Relative mode.

And use the number keys (12345 on the left and 67890 on the right) for your cues. I try to not use the mouse at all.

• relative mode is really dope, however having the f1, etc button so close to the cue point shortcuts is a lil worrisome. I was messing around last night and every now and then I would accidentally bump it back into absolute.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    relative mode is really dope, however having the f1, etc button so close to the cue point shortcuts is a lil worrisome. I was messing around last night and every now and then I would accidentally bump it back into absolute.

Hasn't happened to me yet. I'm not ever sure which button(s) toggle between the modes. Because I stay in REL, I never have to think about switching to the others.

• TSGTSG 274 Posts
    what's the version they sell in stores? is that 1.5??

i also can't decide whether to buy ssl now or wait for the 57...

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    a friend of mine just got it, and it still came with 1.3!... that's the same version mine came with a year or more ago, but you can download the newest version free from the forums at scratchlive.net - which you will definetly want to do... i know the 57 is going to be sweet, but getting the first generation of any new technology scares me, especially with serato, which i CAN'T afford to have fuck up on me

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT OF RELATIVE MODE

Does anyone know if there's a significant difference between the last beta of 1.5 and the final version?