Miles Davis: The Cellar Door Sessions Box

Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
anybody bought it ? rent it ?...listen to it ?........how is it ?

Comments

• My roommate picked this up when it came out. It's awesome if you are into Miles' electric era. I find it to be similar to the other Miles box sets I've heard, in that the alternative takes provide a good listen, but also provide insight into how much each composition can vary between takes. Directions ranges from 8 minutes to almost 20.

• Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts
    My roommate picked this up when it came out. It's awesome if you are into Miles' electric era. I find it to be similar to the other Miles box sets I've heard, in that the alternative takes provide a good listen, but also provide insight into how much each composition can vary between takes. Directions ranges from 8 minutes to almost 20.

I've never been a Miles Davis big fan but I know his works amd I always felt that the Live/Evil was his best record out of the electric era.......that band was just right.....
    and I think jarrett did fits brilliant in that music......too bad after playing with Miles, he took other " directions"

thanks for sharing, randomaccessmike !

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    My roommate picked this up when it came out. It's awesome if you are into Miles' electric era. I find it to be similar to the other Miles box sets I've heard, in that the alternative takes provide a good listen, but also provide insight into how much each composition can vary between takes. Directions ranges from 8 minutes to almost 20.

I've never been a Miles Davis big fan but I know his works amd I always felt that the Live/Evil was his best record out of the electric era.......that band was just right.....
    and I think jarrett did fits brilliant in that music......too bad after playing with Miles, he took other " directions"

thanks for sharing, randomaccessmike !

what's wrong with Jarrett?

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    His whining?

There's nothing wrong with him. One of the best jazz pianists alive.

"I am, and have been, carrying on an anti-electric-music crusade of which this is an exhibit for the prosecution. Electricity goes through all of us and is not to be relegated to wires."