The Big Brick

2»

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

The closest in his canon, but I wouldn't say classic.

However "Abandon Ship" is the joint.

And oh yeah, for the record I am not afraid to wear my kufi even in a thread that Daniel starts

Ha... I like that album a lot, as well as the one that followed it, and I thought ELE was pretty decent. It was with Anarchy, when his thug persona emerged in a big way that he lost me.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    Who's Busta Rhymes?

Ur need to step ur game up...

Everyone knows he's that dude who taught Connery how to act.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    "Abandon Ship" is the joint.

Yes.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Who's Busta Rhymes?

Ur need to step ur game up...

Everyone knows he that dude who taught Connery how to act.

Lol

I own all his joints and like Rillz stated - he started to morph on ANARCHY. I wasnt checkin for him this time around. I was only goona cop it if one of my peeps told me i had to.

• 4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
    I don' think bus has recovered from mispredicting the apocalypse and Y2K.

Why no LONS posse cut? Will.I.Am beats? no thanks. Someone mail this dude an executive producer who knows what to do with his talent; he is really talented imo. damn shame I can't muster up the money to buy the record which will ultimately end up on the floor of my car in the wrong cd case.

sfu**ing hot in LA!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Faux,

I'm pretty sure you're not THAT much younger than me.

In any case, I thought the Busta album was better than I expected. But I expected it to be kind of shitty so this was a case of exceeding low expectations.

I'm less surprised by the second week fall off sales and more surprised that this album went #1 to begin with. It was probably just a slow week. Busta just hasn't had any kind of commercial saturation with a single that was going to help this blow up more.

Curious how "Why You Wanna" is playing to clubs and radio though. T.I.'s album continues to sell well - still top 20 I think.

And spekaing of Top 10 shit: Gnarls Barkely = #9 now. Crazy indeed.

Faux,

I'm pretty sure you're not THAT much younger than me.

I'm just giving you a hard time.

But for real, are you now ready to admit that "I Love My Chick" is a terd and that you allowed yourself to be taken in only because the video was modelled on what you had previously described as "the cinematic event of the decade"?

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Then I hope he saves his money.

But he is about to get eight dollars an album!!!

I was referring to Chamilionairre.

???

MIKE JONES MIKE JONES MIKE JONES MIKE JONES MIKE JONES MIKE JONES MIKE JONES MIKE JONES MIKE JONES MIKE JONES MIKE JONES MIKE JONES MIKE JONES MIKE JONES MIKE JONES MIKE JONES MIKE JONES MIKE JONES

Who went platinum as well. What's your point? Shouldn't be that hard. You hope Cham saves his money. Why?

Because, like Mike Jones, we'll probably never hear from him again.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    1). I think the album's big single "touch it" came out way ahead of the actual album. People may have lost interest, forgot about it etc....plus Busta has been on a steady decline these past few years (all his past hits have aged terribley w/ the exception being "Put your hands where my eyes can see".

2). Dilla's "Woo-Haa" remix is so damn on-point. Barney Kessell guitara loopz4dayz! On the other hand though the new Busta and Dilla track w/ Q-Tip is kinda snoozy (the one with Minnie Riperton)

3). I love my chick is decent "11:00" heat, but I don't feel it having staying power by the tim August rolls around.

the new Busta and Dilla track w/ Q-Tip is kinda snoozy (the one with Minnie Riperton)

Sounds like something that was cut from The Love Movement.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    has Busta ever debuted at #1 before? It did this time at 208,000+ but damn did it drop this week.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

the new Busta and Dilla track w/ Q-Tip is kinda snoozy (the one with Minnie Riperton)

Sounds like something that was cut from The Love Movement.

I guess, but that doesn't take away from the fact that "T.L.M." had some good songs still on it.

PLAES TO NOT MAKE THIS A TLM/DILLA BASHING THREAD.

has Busta ever debuted at #1 before? It did this time at 208,000+ but damn did it drop this week.

The number is more significant than the chart position; he's certainly had bigger first week sales and made it to number one this time only because nothing else really came out that week.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Is that "NewYork" track/interlude on the album?

Yes, but the shoutouts (which were the best part) are gone; the unfortunate Swizz Beatz ad libs remain, though.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

Yes, but the shoutouts (which were the best part) are gone
    you gotta be kidding me

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    He kept yelling at the soundman all night. Their performance was pretty crazy, but the constant yelling at the soundman was not a good look.

I'm having a hell of a time trying to remember
    a rap show I've attended where this didn't occur...

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I Love My Chick is a good song gentlemen.....not great....but good

guys.........it's ok to let go sometimes

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I Love My Chick is a good song gentlemen.....not great....but good

guys.........it's ok to let go sometimes

Never that J! I'm gangster to the core!

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts

2). Dilla's "Woo-Haa" remix is so damn on-point. Barney Kessell guitara loopz4dayz!

Oh, is that who it is? I was thinking Joe Pass, Wes Montgomery, even Grant Green. I got a Barney Kessell 45 off my old man years ago. A-side is a snoozy version of "Frank Mills" from "Hair", but the flip, "Quail Bait" is pretty tight.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    I don' think bus has recovered from mispredicting the apocalypse and Y2K.

Why no LONS posse cut? Will.I.Am beats? no thanks. Someone mail this dude an executive producer who knows what to do with his talent; he is really talented imo. damn shame I can't muster up the money to buy the record which will ultimately end up on the floor of my car in the wrong cd case.

sfu**ing hot in LA!

Thes is that battle between you and Will.I.Am anywhere on CD? i am guessing only one pressing? Is there an online store from Japan i can order from or do you have to know a guy who knew a guy? Or do you have to be hot, but a touch on the incontinent side? The artwork on that looks crazy.