Mejico Maxico - Istituto Mexicano Del Sonido

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
Anybody else checked this out? its HOT SHIT!

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    The future of music is south of the border, bitches.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    And has a "Big" Beat!

http://www.institutomexicanodelsonido.com/

come on now... we can spend 20 pages about some rapper that can barely put 2 rhyming words together and this thread only gets 1 reply???

Soulstrut is the place to go for old music, but for new music this place is like a wasteland...... Its like fucking Tiger Beat!!!

Well, I tried!

• I've heard the CD and it seemed sorta kitschy and lightweight to me, but not unpleasant. Reminded me of Thievery Corporation, except I had less of an urge to punch a yuppie in the face.

A friend of mine brought them up to the Bay to perform last month.

Yikes, I don't see the Theivery Corporation comparison at all....

A lot of the music is "campy" which is why I probably like it. Granted, there are a few songs that could be tossed, but there is also a lot of real gems in there. I like his latin samples too.... from the 20s to the 60s, some of it definitely works better and some of it doesn't.

Either way, for people who are into sample-based music, its definitely worth checking out, even if you wind up not liking it. Also I can't recomend Voodoo Trombone Quartet highly enough. If you can get past the unfortunate singing on some of the songs, the rest is really creative and fun. I love shit like that.