Who saw the BET Awards last night??

Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
I need a run down of what happened last night.

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    ME TOO. I made the switch to Dish a few months ago and can you believe that the basic plan doesn't include BET? Yet I get a fucking horse racing channel?

'kinda shit is that?

Anyway, let us know what went down last night. I heard this morning on Steve Harvey that Thelma (wooh!), Michael and JJ from Good Times made an appearance.

What else went down?

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    eminem came out and spit a verse on the "touch it" remix

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Michael's still alive?!

Sayin'...am I trippin' or were there some AIDS rumors about one of the cast members?

IMG SRC="http://www.bide-et-musique.com/images/pochettes/6340.jpg" width=500>

Haha, damn, I just watched this episode.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I had the show on last night and saw a lot of it, but did not watch the whole show. Most of the singers were TERRIBLE! Almost all of the singers were singing over pre-recorded vocal tracks and used lots of pre-recorded backing vocal tracks as well. Keyshia Cole was the only singer who really brought it and did not use pre-recorded vocals. She had a lot of emotion in her performance and it was pretty good. Mary J. was not too bad either. The sound on the show was very suspect. T.I. and P. Diddy both had problems with their mics. Yung Joc came out with P.Diddy and did "It's going down." Yung joc was horrible. There was a very loud pre-recorded track with his vocals and he just walked around the stage and sort of mumbled and did a little dance with Diddy. WTF? It's ONE song dude and a short version of it at that! You really need to let your loud vocal tracks do all the work? Most of the performances were really pretty bad. You guys did not miss much! I am sure that BET will run this again every night this week.

I'm glad that I wasn't missing anything. I should of figured that the show was ass because NO ONE was talking about it this morning.

Ralph Carter looks thorough in that pic.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Technical difficulties seemed to be the name of the game. I saw Puff soliciting a round of applause for himself for the way he handled the 10 seconds when his mic wasnt working, and also giving it up for TI for his technical difficulties?!?!?! WTF, seemed like amateur night over their.

Also, who's really still getting excited to see eminem show up on busta rhymes remix?

Keyshia Cole was pretty good, i was impressed, thats a hard song to do live.

Thats my take on the 15 minutes I watched...

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Also, who's really still getting excited to see eminem show up on busta rhymes remix?

Very true! LOL

I'm sayin', she was the only good thing about the show. Her performance was serious. That girl can sang!

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    the BET Awards should not even be discussed on Soulstrut.

unless there was a fight on live tv, other than that:

the BET Awards should not even be discussed on Soulstrut.
    hahaha!

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

especially since you couldn't even hear shit it just all looked like a big mess of lights, fire, cameras and chains

• paulnicepaulnice 924 Posts

Sayin'...am I trippin' or were there some AIDS rumors about one of the cast members?

I was JUST talking to my sister about him.
    Money looks HORRIBLE.
    Like, he doesn't-have-long to-live-type horrible.
    But he's been like this for a minute now.
    I remember first taking notice when he showed up at Esther's funeral.
    And it says something that he looks WAY older than J.J.!!!

Hope he's okay.

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    Technical difficulties seemed to be the name of the game for that channel

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I'm sayin', she was the only good thing about the show. Her performance was serious. That girl can sang!

The new Mary--Young Phonics, holla!

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

Laughable at best. but yo...At what point/popular single did Mary J Blidge become "Mary"/A big deal. Family Affair?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Laughable at best. but yo...At what point/popular single did Mary J Blidge become "Mary"/A big deal. Family Affair?

With these two albums:

I choose to pretend that most of the crap that followed never happened.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    What's the 20% Off

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

With these two albums:

I choose to pretend that most of the crap that followed never happened.

WHAT!??!?! YOU AIN'T FEELIN HER NEW JOINT WITH U2?!??!?

That track "baggage" from her latest LP is pretty dope though, I've only heard it few times but damn I remember it sounding like some stepper Guzzo-curl schitt.

• i was a one-man valet service at the BET club(?) near 12th & F in DC for while back in '97. The looks on some of those dudes faces as they handed the keys of their shiny new whip over to a shady looking white guy with a wad of cash....

incidentally, the tips sucked there....cheesy ass polly esthers around the block was always $$-wise.