Superman

BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
shit was hot garbage. you have been warned.

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    yeah

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    No surprise there. Hopefully Spidey comes through for the team.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I didn't think it was bad at all, but pretty much all the superhero movies come off about the same to me... hell I thought Hulk was good and that was universally reviled

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I didn't think it was bad at all, but pretty much all the superhero movies come off about the same to me... hell I thought Hulk was good and that was universally reviled

I like the Hulk too.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

Yeah I honestly didn't hate that movie.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    can someone give a more detailed review of the film?

I really like Bryan Singer and still have pretty high hopes for this movie

for those that hated it, did Spacey come across as a true badass? I can't picture him being bad in this role

• Can anyone recall a film where there was a consensus opinion on Soulstrut that it was actually good? I can't.

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    I thought Hulk was good and that was universally reviled

I like the Hulk too.

Me 3... but superman really does stink. But come on, he's like the most whitebread of all the superhero's, it was always going to stink.

I thought both spidey movies sucked- punisher, f4, daredevil likewise.

Hellboy & Sin City both sucessfully acheived the "comic to screen" jump, in distinctily different ways

• dmacdmac 472 Posts

Hellboy & Sin City both sucessfully acheived the "comic to screen" jump, in distinctily different ways

Just posted this at the Nick Cave movie thread, but it applies equally here:

For the past few years now (since that sad piece of crap Daredevil hit theatres), I've been of the opinion that Guy Pearce should have played the Matt Murdoch/DD. He's got that lean, hungry intensity that would have suited the character perfectly.

Kate Beckinsale could've played Elektra. ANYONE could have played Elektra better than Jennifer Garner.

And Jason Statham would've made a decent Bullseye.

[Michael Clarke Duncan was inspired casting, though, I must admit.]

Anyone who's familiar with the original Elektra saga as Frank Miller conceived it should agree, yeah?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

shit was hot garbage. you have been warned.

LOIS LANE RETURNS. It made X-Men look genius.

Lois and Clark - the movie. It was beautifully filmed though. The look of it was impeccable.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Just posted this at the Nick Cave movie thread, but it applies equally here:

For the past few years now (since that sad piece of crap Daredevil hit theatres), I've been of the opinion that Guy Pearce should have played the Matt Murdoch/DD. He's got that lean, hungry intensity that would have suited the character perfectly.

Kate Beckinsale could've played Elektra. ANYONE could have played Elektra better than Jennifer Garner.

And Jason Statham would've made a decent Bullseye.

[Michael Clarke Duncan was inspired casting, though, I must admit.]

Anyone who's familiar with the original Elektra saga as Frank Miller conceived it should agree, yeah?

Coulda shoulda woulda - They needed bigger names @ the time the movie was made. Spiderman made alot of money. All the actors named above didnt have People magazine coverage back then.

Kate beck.... is tha shit in the underworld series. She too little for Elecktra IMO.

BACK TO SUPERMAN REBURNS PLEEZ.