Pearly Queen - Treasure Hunt LP on Sound Triangle

ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
What's the official word on this record? Is it just tacky funk (which is SO OVER)?

Comments

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    You like tacky funk?

• You like tacky funk?

official word

• You like tacky funk?

official word?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    There are 4-5 very good songs on Treasure Hunt. The rest is cheesy Latin music. One track has been on one of those Keb Darge compilations (quality guarenteed IMO) and two others are almost as "clubby" .
    Moody loops galore. LIL BAITCHEZ!

I really like the record. Some might disagree. It's probably not worth it's money, but still...

• BeaverBeaver 164 Posts
    There are 4-5 very good songs on Treasure Hunt. The rest is cheesy Latin music. One track has been on one of those Keb Darge compilations (quality guarenteed IMO) and two others are almost as "clubby" .

I really like the record. Some might disagree. It's probably not worth it's money, but still...

The only Pearly Queen track on a Keb Darge comp is 'Quit Jivin'' and that isn't on the LP!!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

The only Pearly Queen track on a Keb Darge comp is 'Quit Jivin'' and that isn't on the LP!!

"quit jivin" is the best thing these dudes ever did. IMO the lp is really BAD singing and your typical Sound Triangle quality press. The lp use to be all over Miami, but that is no longer the case. The $$$ it's been getting over the last 3 years is stupid when the Antiques lp has gone for under 30 4+ times.

With that said...BIB BID BID!

• MrSeanMrSean 57 Posts

Yes, true. 45 only and harder than the LP, MUCH harder.