PEYOTE (NRR)

Skip DrinkwaterSkip Drinkwater 1,694 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Anyone experimented with? WHat's the shit look/taste/feel like?

Comments

• little buttons. grow on a specific cactus that is all but extinct in the wild because too many people go looking for it. shit is no joke, possibly the strongest natural hallucinogen besides DMT, which is in ayahuasca and certain toads such as the Sonoran desert toad. www.lycaeum.org is an invaluable resource.
    Also, Castaneda discusses his experiences with it at length.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    DRUGSTRUT

I heard it gives you a horrific boner and then all you see is this

• And the thing about the boner is true.

• little buttons. grow on a specific cactus that is all but extinct in the wild because too many people go looking for it. shit is no joke, possibly the strongest natural hallucinogen besides DMT, which is in ayahuasca and certain toads such as the Sonoran desert toad. www.lycaeum.org is an invaluable resource.
    Yeah I was considering getting my "Castaneda" on, but definately not to that extent. Have you eaten any yourself? Recommend it?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    dude, that girl is kinda if i saw her in a dark alley doing that, i'd run in the opposite direction with the quickness.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    go for it. Its been a couple years since I really fucked with some gnarly halucinagins. But they are always interesting,.....even when not particularly fun....always interesting......sometimes REALLY scary,...but you pay for the ride, nahmean?

• VagabondVagabond 417 Posts
    little buttons. grow on a specific cactus that is all but extinct in the wild because too many people go looking for it. shit is no joke, possibly the strongest natural hallucinogen besides DMT, which is in ayahuasca and certain toads such as the Sonoran desert toad. www.lycaeum.org is an invaluable resource.
    Yeah I was considering getting my "Castaneda" on, but definately not to that extent. Have you eaten any yourself? Recommend it?

Give it a shot, the worst your gonna do is wrestle invisible dogs and piss your self....Just make sure you are somewhere that you can act like a raving lunatic without bugging normal folks out....................uuhhh and stay away from PoPo's..

• I'm saying anyone got any experiences to share?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Peruvian Torch Cactus is the truth... it's dried cactus paddles you grind up and ingest (easiest to encapsulate them, because you have to eat a bunch). Very high mesc content (more than peyote), and it's known as The Hard Road (no boner). Very intense visual, physical (you ain't going anywhere, bub) effects. some nausea. Lasts about 20 hours. NOT, I repeat NOT a party drug. one of the more remarkable effects is synesthesia (i.e. tasting colors, smelling sounds). Some music is rattling and other music is soothing during the journey. I recommend really loping shit, like afrobeat, without a lot of words to get in the way. Prepare food beforehand, because you tend to lose track of time and you don't feel hungry, but you'll know you need to eat. Do not drink alcohol during, or the day before, your journey.

You'll feel higher than you ever thought possible. Then you'll feel higher than that ten minutes later. But not in that LSD "I wish this was over" kind of way. More in the "who just can-openered my skull?" way.

People who bought this also bought: Lula Cortes e Ze Ramalho.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

so i took these things one time called microdots and was told it was synthetic peyote. it was definitely different from acid and shrooms and was pretty sweet, but i think it was kinda weak when i read the descriptions of peyote in this thread. anybody know anything about this microdot bullshit?

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts
    Try this page to read peoples experience of peyote
    Peyote users experiences from erowid

I found Erowid to be a good resource when I was in japan and experimenting with the legally available research chemicals there (dmt stnthetic mescalin mdbd mde etc) Remember set and setting are crucial to any psychedelic experience . A house in the country and surrounding yourself with close trusting friends will help as a psychonaut. Music is important as well and can help you on your trip.

Manuel gottsching- e2e4 goes well with most psychedelics I have found and is perfect for A 20min Dmt trip

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Peruvian Torch Cactus is the truth... it's dried cactus paddles you grind up and ingest (easiest to encapsulate them, because you have to eat a bunch). Very high mesc content (more than peyote), and it's known as The Hard Road (no boner). Very intense visual, physical (you ain't going anywhere, bub) effects. some nausea. Lasts about 20 hours. NOT, I repeat NOT a party drug. one of the more remarkable effects is synesthesia (i.e. tasting colors, smelling sounds). Some music is rattling and other music is soothing during the journey. I recommend really loping shit, like afrobeat, without a lot of words to get in the way. Prepare food beforehand, because you tend to lose track of time and you don't feel hungry, but you'll know you need to eat. Do not drink alcohol during, or the day before, your journey.

You'll feel higher than you ever thought possible. Then you'll feel higher than that ten minutes later. But not in that LSD "I wish this was over" kind of way. More in the "who just can-openered my skull?" way.

People who bought this also bought: Lula Cortes e Ze Ramalho.

holy shit, that sounds crazy! 20 hours? thats nuts! You really dont wish it was over? That was my main gripe with anything longer than acid, it gives you enough time to plan a crazy scheme and act it out. Thats why ive only fucked with mushrooms for years.

mushrooms can be pretty great though, specifically because you CAN go do things. One of the coolest things to do is 3d IMAX. it will blow your mind on mushrooms. Go see the space one, if you can.

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts

anybody know anything about this microdot bullshit?
    They are just another type of LSD. LSD when produced is a crystalline powder (1gm of this powder is about 10 000 trips worth) as a result it is dissolved in pure alcohol and can be droppped on a blotter (most commonly) or on a tiny piece of clay (which i think what a microdot is) or anything.

Join Erowid and help change the way the world thinks about Psychoactives.

Myth Debunking
    Mescaline in Microdots
    by Fire Erowid
    May 2001
    Erowid Extracts #1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Citation: Erowid, Fire. "Myth Debunking: Mescaline in Microdots." Erowid Extracts. May 2001; 1:10.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rumors persist about tiny mescaline containing tablets. Some dealers will actually sell microdots as ???mescaline??? and it???s not difficult to find people who will argue that the effects of these tablets are ???definitely different than LSD???. While many people know that it???s just about impossible that a microdot or tiny pill would contain mescaline, it can be difficult to convince someone who just spent money to purchase the rare substance that they most likely bought LSD instead. In cases like this, references can be useful, and a picture is worth a thousand words.

A threshold dose of mescaline (the dose at which the smallest amount of recognizable effects can be felt) is somewhere around 100 mg. A normal active dose for most people falls in the 200-400 mg range.1

An average size MDMA tablet weighs around 250 mg, including all binders and fillers. In general, less than half of this weight is actually MDMA. Likewise there are pressed 2C-B tablets which weigh 45 mg and contain 5 mg of 2C-B, about 1/9 of their weight. A standard microdot weighs only 7.5 mg. Assuming that only 1/3 of this material is binders, that means a maximum of 5 mg of active material in the micro-tablet.

While there are a few psychoactives which are active in the 5 mg range, mescaline is definitely not one of them. It would be difficult to get a threshold dose of mescaline into a tablet even as large as an ecstasy tablet (similar in size to a standard advil or aspirin tablet). A full dose of mescaline (400 mg) barely fits into a fully packed large capsule with no fillers. At 5 mg of mescaline per microdot, it would take between 50 and 75 tablets to equal a single dose.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

anybody know anything about this microdot bullshit?
    They are just another type of LSD. LSD when produced is a crystalline powder (1gm of this powder is about 10 000 trips worth) as a result it is dissolved in pure alcohol and can be droppped on a blotter (most commonly) or on a tiny piece of clay (which i think what a microdot is) or anything.

Join Erowid and help change the way the world thinks about Psychoactives.

Myth Debunking
    Mescaline in Microdots
    by Fire Erowid
    May 2001
    Erowid Extracts #1

Citation: Erowid, Fire. "Myth Debunking: Mescaline in Microdots." Erowid Extracts. May 2001; 1:10.

Rumors persist about tiny mescaline containing tablets. Some dealers will actually sell microdots as ???mescaline??? and it???s not difficult to find people who will argue that the effects of these tablets are ???definitely different than LSD???. While many people know that it???s just about impossible that a microdot or tiny pill would contain mescaline, it can be difficult to convince someone who just spent money to purchase the rare substance that they most likely bought LSD instead. In cases like this, references can be useful, and a picture is worth a thousand words.

A threshold dose of mescaline (the dose at which the smallest amount of recognizable effects can be felt) is somewhere around 100 mg. A normal active dose for most people falls in the 200-400 mg range.1

An average size MDMA tablet weighs around 250 mg, including all binders and fillers. In general, less than half of this weight is actually MDMA. Likewise there are pressed 2C-B tablets which weigh 45 mg and contain 5 mg of 2C-B, about 1/9 of their weight. A standard microdot weighs only 7.5 mg. Assuming that only 1/3 of this material is binders, that means a maximum of 5 mg of active material in the micro-tablet.

While there are a few psychoactives which are active in the 5 mg range, mescaline is definitely not one of them. It would be difficult to get a threshold dose of mescaline into a tablet even as large as an ecstasy tablet (similar in size to a standard advil or aspirin tablet). A full dose of mescaline (400 mg) barely fits into a fully packed large capsule with no fillers. At 5 mg of mescaline per microdot, it would take between 50 and 75 tablets to equal a single dose.

thanks for the thorough info. i guess i'm one of those dudes that claims it was "definitely different from LSD"! i think i only dropped $5-$10 for it anyways and that was awhile back. oh well, live and learn.

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    I've had mescaline a couple of times. It came in the form of a chocolate powder. Once I dropped some with a friend of mine and after we watched the sun set over Laguna Beach, we wound up at the Chart House in Newport eating big slabs of raw steak with none other than Coach Rick Adelman sitting at the table next to us. I remember going to the salad bar and being up there for like 20 minutes just kinda playing with the various foods. Back then psychedelics would often send me on a Steppenwolf trip where I felt that I was communing with my formal primal self. Surely if you take peyote you will have moments where you're acting like a straight savage beast...in a good, frothing at the mouth kind of way of course.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I was looking for the infamous Cactus Culture post, which I missed when I found this.

Am I the only one with a Peyote experience?

What I really remember is throwing up. Peyote makes you throw up. Choking it down is rough, then when you start to trip you throw up. If you like throwing up when you trip take peyote.

Back in the day we used to get powdered synthetic mesciline (the active ingredient in peyote). It was mixed with nestle's chocolate or strawberry quik powder. It did not make you throw up. They say the a dose of LSD was much larger back in the early 70s than today. I would often take a double dose.

If I had taken less hallucenagenics and smoked less pot back in the day, I could remember more record titles, catalog numbers, labels, artists, songs... Plus I would be a better speller.

So whats up with the Cactus Culture thread?

Name Witheld