EP Versus EP?

Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
VS. EP Battle - GO!!!

Comments

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts

EP Battle - GO!!!

Is the clear winner as NWA were past their creative peak at this point...IMO...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Good Life
    Mecca and the Soul Brother
    Go with the Flow
    Creator
    All Souled Out
    Good Life (Group Home Mix)

100 Miles And Runnin'
    Just Don't Bite It
    Sa Prize (Part 2)
    Real Niggaz
    Kamurshol

I'll have to agree w/ Mao. The Creator is the knockout blow.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    NWA were past their creative peak at this point...IMO...

Hell no. Cube might have gone and done a classic with "Amerikkkas Most Wanted", but I still think Dre, Ren, Eazy and Yella came through with "100 Miles And Running" and "Efil4Zaggin". I've listened to both those just as much as "Straight Outta Compton". Both dope and highly entertaining IMO. And some of Dre's beats on those are straight fire.

I like "All Souled Out" a lot too, but I'd be less inclined to put that on these days due to Pete'n'CL overdosage. I have to go with The World's Most Dangerous Group on this one.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

this was garbage

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    NWA were past their creative peak at this point...IMO...

Hell no. Cube might have gone and done a classic with "Amerikkkas Most Wanted", but I still think Dre, Ren, Eazy and Yella came through with "100 Miles And Running" and "Efil4Zaggin". I've listened to both those just as much as "Straight Outta Compton". Both dope and highly entertaining IMO. And some of Dre's beats on those are straight fire.

Co-sign. I just didnt respond to that 'cause i didnt want this to spiral into an NWA career evaluation.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

this was garbage

I disagree heartily. No doubt, they missed Cube's input and it's no "Straight Outta Compton". But garbage? Naw, not at all. Dre was still beatwise. I liked it a lot more than I liked "Efil4zaggin", and I wouldn't call that total garbage either (although some of the misogyny on that one is waaaay over the line, even for NWA).

• ZuffNomedZuffNomed 42 Posts
    I vote for Mecca.

Though the N.W.A. is by no means garbage.

• raredaveraredave 205 Posts
    "All Souled Out" beats that particular NWA release.... but what about>>>>

V's

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

V's

Pretty handily, I'd say (but of course the Show & AG is not exactly chopped liver either... the Beatnuts joint was just sooooo back when it dropped, especially to we beatheads).

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

V's

Pretty handily, I'd say (but of course the Show & AG is not exactly chopped liver either... the Beatnuts joint was just sooooo back when it dropped, especially to we beatheads).

I agree with Phill Most Chill on this one. I loved how the "Crazy Hispanics" looped up that Clarence Wheeler & the Enforcers ("Third of the Trio"). But yo, that "Diggin' in the Crates" (I had tapped that JB years earlier; Damn!) song was my joint, and I loved the Show & AG joint too. And, I'll also go with "All Souled Out" in the previous question, although the NWA joint was no slouch.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Showbiz & AG > Beatnuts IMO

Does the picture sleeve have the same tracklisting as the original out of the trunk EP?

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts

or

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    no. the og is a monster imo, but i love both.