JUST4KICKS DVD

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
JUST FOR KICKS Has anyone copped this? I'm gonna get this soon, but the shit is under 90 minutes. WTF. They couldnt gather 2 hrs of sneaker footage/info/geek interviews? Jusu sayin.

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Has anyone copped this?

edpowers approved

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Has anyone copped this?

edpowers approved

How are the interviews dude?

• its premiering in richmond friday...im going to try to make it

Has anyone copped this?

edpowers approved

How are the interviews dude?

better than i expected....

the film doesn't offer anything "sneaker heads" dont already know ....but its very well done

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    the film doesn't offer anything "sneaker heads" dont already know ....but its very well done

Does the Shelltoe get too much love? Which shoe gets the most sucky-sucky? Dunks?

Does the Shelltoe get too much love? Which shoe gets the most sucky-sucky? Dunks?

the Run-Dmc/My Adidas story is told for the 1,000,000th time (in detail)

Air Force 1's get the most shine .....i learned a few things i didn't know about Forces

i'm not a "sneaker head" so my opinion may be different from dudes in the shoe game....but i liked the film

can someone suggest a good sneaker book for the coffee table ?

can someone suggest a good sneaker book for the coffee table ?

This is so damn neccesary. Everybody should cop this shit. He starts from the 60's and ends at the Jordan era when goofballs joined the game.

looks dope ...thanks

• can someone suggest a good sneaker book for the coffee table ?

This is so damn neccesary. Everybody should cop this shit. He starts from the 60's and ends at the Jordan era when goofballs joined the game.

Cosigned to the Nth degree -

did anyone cop / have a look at this?

I've never seen THE SKEAKER BOOK, but I want this book.

Anybody read this joint?

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

Critique Pleez.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    they ran this earlier this year on spike. i enjoyed it thoroughly. and bonz malone was fucking

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    'Where'd You get Those?' is amazing. 'Sole Provider' is cool too, especially if you like the basketball angle.
    Other notable books include the Sneaker Freaker book, the original 'Sneakers' book (red cover)... and, at the risk of self-promotion, the book I worked on...

There's a bunch of decent shoes in that one - volume two is being planned soon.

Keeping on topic, I liked the 'Just For Kicks' film, but would have loved to see things from less of a hip-hop angle if that makes sense... Still, it was really well put together and is thoroughly worth checking out.

Other notable books include the Sneaker Freaker book, the original 'Sneakers' book (red cover)... and, at the risk of self-promotion, the book I worked on...

Keeping on topic, I liked the 'Just For Kicks' film, but would have loved to see things from less of a hip-hop angle if that makes sense... Still, it was really well put together and is thoroughly worth checking out.

That's a good book as well. U worked on this? HOT. It felt a little Euro-centric. But that was a good thing for me since im comin from the nyc base.

I'll have to see the movie, then see if it was too HIPHOPish. But its really one and the same.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I've never seen THE SKEAKER BOOK, but I want this book.

Anybody read this joint?

It's a cool booko if you are into Nike Basketball, but that's all it covers. No other brands, no runners, trainers or anything else. Loads of cool pics and old Nike promo material though, def good for the coffee table (if you're into kicks).

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    This arrive in the mail today and I checked it out. Totally cool shit. This was done really well. This is mandatory viewing for djs! If u didn't know sneakers is a part of dj culture!

• I've never seen THE SKEAKER BOOK, but I want this book.

Anybody read this joint?

yeah I have this..great book. Scoop is the man.