The Story of Trap Door

2»

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    do you mean active like as in "active wear"? Like the section of the mawl that Young Phonics was in when he bought that get up? (and where he also, apparently, bought matching versions for his lil mans an them)

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Another NY Hatter

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Damn, that's a dope story.
    I just got that Trap Door mix in the mail today!
    I want a Trap Door shirt.
    Now.

• look at you guys. you've pulled sean into the internet.

soulstrut is powerful. scary powerful.

and furthermore... what is there, some sort of story posting word limit? what about the onehanded helicopter
    rail dangle? or the backwards satan-love message? people need to know.

and in addition... i'm not supposed to talk about it yet but... Trap Door 3: Families Are Forever...ssshh!
    100% family band heat! release date: 4/1/2009!

the basement story is a good one. seems like some blurry daydream but sean has the video to prove it.
    poisonous black mold, ghosts, bats, coal miner helmets, pigeon attacks, valuable records, small fires,
    cardboard box paper cut with black mold combo, collapsing ceilings, permanent lung damage...
    so worth it. sean, tell the story.

• wooshiewooshie 490 Posts
    I love this mix more than life itself. I need the vinyl.

• Sean! mang hit me up asap or i will tell everyone about the time you were eating taterchips out of your hat on a mountain .(ts)

I lost your number hit me up on the pm tip.
    Maker

• look at you guys. you've pulled sean into the internet.

soulstrut is powerful. scary powerful.

and furthermore... what is there, some sort of story posting word limit? what about the onehanded helicopter
    rail dangle? or the backwards satan-love message? people need to know.

and in addition... i'm not supposed to talk about it yet but... Trap Door 3: Families Are Forever...ssshh!
    100% family band heat! release date: 4/1/2009!

the basement story is a good one. seems like some blurry daydream but sean has the video to prove it.
    poisonous black mold, ghosts, bats, coal miner helmets, pigeon attacks, valuable records, small fires,
    cardboard box paper cut with black mold combo, collapsing ceilings, permanent lung damage...
    so worth it. sean, tell the story.

Nate TOO.
    The heck man.
    i need to know that movie we watched at your house that was my face off.
    pmholler

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    i really want to hear the story about the come-up

please drop? hah

• i really want to hear the story about the come-up

please drop? hah

Give me a huge late pass on this. I got it in the mail the other day and have been playing it over and over. Even my fiance who usually doesn't like this type of stuff thinks it is great.

And I too would like to hear the story about the come-up.

• i really want to hear the story about the come-up

please drop? hah

I was there for one day in the basement. These guys were there for something like 2 months, so they should tell the story. that one day was probably the most fun I have ever had digging. We woke up early, went to Denny's, then made it to the shop early in the morning. You had to wear gloves and masks because it was pretty nasty in some spots. Nothing crazy like a flood or anything, but there would be records at the bottom of piles that, when you picked them up, the covers would fall apart because of mold.

There were stacks of records laying flat on top of eachother that were about 7 feet high, and these were all over the place. Every now and then a stack would tip over, since we were moving things around, and there would be a small little avalance of records sliding at you. Almost everytime this happened, something good would end up in plain sight.

I was there for about 12-14 hours and I never once stopped to eat anything or go to the bathroom. I didn't even feel the need to. I was totally distracted by what was surrounding me. I've never seen anything like it before.

The craziest thing is that this place wasn't a new discovery. I think it's actually been gone through a few times, but it's got an amazing amount of stuff in it so it's almost impossible to tap it. unless you are the king of every genre, there is no way you could tap this place.

• Had to create a username just to comment and say how much these trap door mixes are blowing my mind. Just unreal. SO much love.