JB's-FOOD FOR THOUGHT REISSUE????

fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
i was just at a local shop and they had a mint copy of food for thought that i want but for the life of me can't determine whether its a reissue or not. the cardboard sleeve is a definite original but the vinyl is sketching me out. please to help a stupid, boring canadian figure this out.this is whats on the wax: label is purple with those "people" silhouettes of like fred wesley and david mathewsPE 56012391 034

Comments

• if someone has the a photo of the og wax it would be most appreciated!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

My copy has the same runout and label numbers as well.

• so is it a re-ish?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Mine is an original. Sounds like the one you saw me be as well. Check it out.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    The early 90's issue is very convincing.
    Cardboard cover, OG label, nice press.
    In fact, almost worth owning and not sweating an OG.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

In fact, almost worth owning and not sweating an OG.

Disgusting.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Yes, I admit - spoken like someone who only owns the reissue.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    Mine is an original. Sounds like the one you saw me be as well. Check it out.

Compared that pic to my original and it checks out. Runout etchings in the right place too, it's dead on. Looks legit!

• YESSSSS!!!!! thank you guys and todd at otis music in vancouver on davie street (also scored a mint copy of "nothing but soul" and all for 30 bucks). perhaps its obsessive and fetishitic but for me there's nothing like the genuine article. on the other hand that doc "vinyl" posted recently was a bit of a reality check.