whatcha listening to rat now?

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
easily my fave pianist..cant get enough of him...except when he starts singin about "eating right"and stuff, I still havent totally warmed up to his 70svocal stuff...but when he shuts it and play the peeanuh, pure bliss.

Comments

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts

• LordNOLordNO 202 Posts
    Czeslaw Bartowski- Drums Dream

• Czeslaw Bartowski- Drums Dream

Just picked this up last night, Exciters Theme is

• ....that panama funk comp is ...heard a few cuts whilst diggin the other day....listening to a new mix i just finished....makin sure the audio levels are good---used vinyl as well as mp3s via serato on the mix and had to make some serious adjustments....lots of latin--hard funk and electronica---some mid skool hiphop and b-boy cuts to round it off....should have promo copies to distribute soon....pm me if ya interested and ill do my best to send some out....av

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts

so many good records that don't cost much.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    the young babe is peacefully enjoying some Stark Reality.

best kiddie record ever

super cute pic!

• ja_bruceja_bruce 295 Posts
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

• Options

K in Canada.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Armando Peraza- Wild Thing. Probably closer to what you are asking for- piano, conga, etc.

Copied from the latin jazz lp thread...

some great stuff on right now; halo benders, panama!, and that Yusef Lateef record..."I Be Cold," was my jam. JBs funk with dying cow noises over top

• Love that record!

diggin this comp at the moment:

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• the young babe is peacefully enjoying some Stark Reality.

Congrats on the new born, meaty!!

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts

Congrats on the new born, meaty!!

Oh, yeah...and that's a pretty good record too...

Beautiful kid.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    roy brooks - the free slave.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Just listened to this a couple times and wrote a review. Just OK.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

"Velvet Soul" by Gene Ammons.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

so many good records that don't cost much.

"I be cooooold!"

Currently playing

• noreillenoreille 270 Posts

best kiddie record ever

Congrats !!! I hope you and your new family are fine, no too tired ? Patient enough ? I send you and yours my best wishes of coolness!

My son who's nearly 2 discovered a few months ago the difference between MUSIC and RECORDS by watching the Stark reality videos that were posted on an older thread. I tried my best to make him understand earlier, I brought him to an outdoor concert of Terry Callier for his first birthday but it was really when he saw this video that he understood that music was played by people, especially by seeing the drummer and vibraphonist in action (thanks Soulstrut for taking care of our children's education...). My son definitely understood the process of music when a close friend offered him a balaphon wich still sounds much better than any musical toy. Son actually loves listening to mid 60's soul midtempos while laying and lounging peacefully, huging with mummy or daddy.

In conclusion & in order to stay in the thread's topic: I'm actually listening to some silence because the little dude is asleep!

Peace to all. B.

• Cult Cargo: Belize Boil Up on the Numero Group label...

• Beyonce - Check up on it. again

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I'm starting off Saturday morning with a rockabilly compilation - Memphis, Rock & Roll Capital Of The World, Vol. 5, on White Label records. Not an accurate title since there's a fair amount of country, but it makes me feel like I'm back in that town checking out the Ponderosa Stomp!

Somebody just dumped a whole shitload of 80's-era vinyl rockabilly compilations at one of the local stores and I've been buying them like biscuits (even though I have a ton of rockabilly as it is). This album is one of them. Even better, the previous owner annotated some of the inner sleeves with track-by-track descriptions (and star ratings!).

Cult Cargo: Belize Boil Up on the Numero Group label...

I wish I could find a cheap used copy of this, really curious about it....