Everyday Heroes

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
On my way home from work today, I noticed a bunch of cars ahead of me swerving back & forth from lane to lane (no candy paint). I figured either somebody broke down or there's something in the road, right? Well, as I get closer...this shit breaks my fucking heart...there's a dog pulling himself with his two front paws struggling to get over the curb to safety. Hind legs are all blackened and twisted up, drool and/or blood dripping from this poor dog's mouth. A sad and disturbing sight. As all the cars (myself included) are trying to avoid hitting each other while rubbernecking, I notice this lady up ahead. She had pulled her car over where the traffic had thinned out. She was a big lady (not making fun) and she had this serious look of focus, determination and frustration on her face. To me, it appeared as if she was both sad that this poor creature was suffering, and angered that everybody else just kept on driving by. (There was a cluster of about 40 cars, most of which just kept on driving once they were in the clear.) This lady opened up the back of her SUV, pulled out a blanket and marched straight for the dog. By the time I got to where she was parked, another 2 cars had pulled over and were getting out to help her.The sight of that poor dog left a permanent scar in my mind and a sick feeling in my stomach; however, the image of that lady and the look on her face left me feeling confident that there are still unselfish heroes in this world.YOU, MA'AM, ARE MY HERO. THANK YOU.Herm

Comments

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    nice story! to me anyone who works their ass off to support a family is a hero. stein. .

• I love to read this sort of thing. thanks.

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    I saw a similar thing not too long ago but it was a bird which had been hit (& not killed) - it's partner bird was going mental, flying all over the place .. some guy had stopped his car although I'm not too sure what he could have done

in terms of inspirational things that peeps do (which can make them hero's), I know a few people working to educate the disadvantaged in Burma, Northern Thailand and Laos - a long way from the comfort of ones lounge room in a developed nation

• man, this thread is making me all positive and shit.

I'll be back later..I am going to plant a tree ::cue John Denver::

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    On my way home from work today, I noticed a bunch of cars ahead of me swerving back & forth from lane to lane (no candy paint). I figured either somebody broke down or there's something in the road, right? Well, as I get closer...this shit breaks my fucking heart...there's a dog pulling himself with his two front paws struggling to get over the curb to safety. Hind legs are all blackened and twisted up, drool and/or blood dripping from this poor dog's mouth. A sad and disturbing sight. As all the cars (myself included) are trying to avoid hitting each other while rubbernecking, I notice this lady up ahead. She had pulled her car over where the traffic had thinned out. She was a big lady (not making fun) and she had this serious look of focus, determination and frustration on her face. To me, it appeared as if she was both sad that this poor creature was suffering, and angered that everybody else just kept on driving by. (There was a cluster of about 40 cars, most of which just kept on driving once they were in the clear.) This lady opened up the back of her SUV, pulled out a blanket and marched straight for the dog. By the time I got to where she was parked, another 2 cars had pulled over and were getting out to help her.

The sight of that poor dog left a permanent scar in my mind and a sick feeling in my stomach; however, the image of that lady and the look on her face left me feeling confident that there are still unselfish heroes in this world.

YOU, MA'AM, ARE MY HERO. THANK YOU.

Herm

this is the type of shit that deserves more praise. people are so fuckin' selfish in the city.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I once witnessed a car accident right in front of me at an intersection, and after pausing for 10 seconds, much like everyone else, i parked my car next to the sidewalk, called 911, and convinced the elderly people to move off to the sidewalk cuz there was some smoke coming out of the hood, and something leaking. After comforting an obviously bewildered and shivering lady, who got hit. and granny who was complaining of a back injury, the LAFD came. I was bitter cuz they didn't thank me for nothing. The LAPD dude who took a report was cool though.

Shit was kinda crazy though. It was a hot day and i was running back and forth across the intersection, trying to do my best in getting shit straight. i ain't no hero though, just wanted to share this story.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    man, this thread is making me all positive and shit.

I'll be back later..I am going to plant a tree ::cue John Denver::

FUCK THAT DAWG! You better fight that filling and bump some Hell Rell or Purple City's greatests hits.