Flute Funk

2»

Comments

• RAW_HAMBURGERRAW_HAMBURGER 1,438 Posts
    Harold Alexander "Mama Soul"

and

i recently was informed that this is a bootleg, originally an italian record, has any one seen the og ?

I thought the boots were only done as white labels.
    I'm not what you mean by originally an italian record. The label looks like it is the usa press of an italian recording.

I heard from a source who is in contact with the owners,roulette never had anything to do with this, this is a straight up boot roulette did... never legally pressed. i would like to see the italian 45...obviously the real name of the band can not be al foster.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Roland Kirk's "I talk with the spirits" LP

"The business???ain't???nothing??????but the blues"

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    I hope the nice folks at Rehashmedia won't hate me for an increase of bandwith...
    http://www.rehashmedia.com/audio/jamesrivers.ram
    This is Part1, Pt2 is much more intense...

Fuck a flute, listen to his vocals! "I'm drinkin' some bad whiskey baby"

I nominate

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

I nominate
    The dope shit.

You still up, Day?!

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    barely

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I'm thru.

Drinking ale and chasing ladies done wore me out. Time to log off.

One.

• noreillenoreille 270 Posts
    JOE BATAAN'S LATIN STRUT.

• There's also some flute in Queen Eve & the Kings' "all hail the queen" on MPM:

http://84.44.164.196/index.php?nav=mpm&sub=records&release=006

Dress

• TobiTobi 187 Posts
    Not on 45 but Harold Alexander's live version of "Watermelon Man" is pure

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=47FE97700A9BEC2B

You may also check "Flute Salad" by Ju-Par Universal Orchestra. The title speaks for itself...

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

• froovyfroovy 86 Posts
    Still lovin the Imperial Breed track!

How about Silhouettes - Funky First

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    Harold Alexander "Mama Soul"

and

i recently was informed that this is a bootleg, originally an italian record, has any one seen the og ?

I thought the boots were only done as white labels.
    I'm not what you mean by originally an italian record. The label looks like it is the usa press of an italian recording.

I heard from a source who is in contact with the owners,roulette never had anything to do with this, this is a straight up boot roulette did... never legally pressed. i would like to see the italian 45...obviously the real name of the band can not be al foster.

I was informed that the OG Italo version is LP only. Some oddball soundtrack. I only have the Puerto Rican boot with bad sound quality. But hey, it's from Puerto Rico!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• Rich45sRich45s 327 Posts
    I think it's a Frank Wess album with a white cover and err maybe fruit on it that's quite funky and fluty. Can't remember what it's called though, might jog someones memory though

• There's also a great James Rivers 45 on Kon-Ti called 'Fonky Flute', which is, funky....

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I think it's a Frank Wess album with a white cover and err maybe fruit on it that's quite funky and fluty. Can't remember what it's called though, might jog someones memory though

"Flute Of The Loom". It's not that interesting IMO.
    His previous one, also on Enterprise, called "Wess To Memphis" is much better: