PE - SHUT 'EM DOWN - PETE ROCK RMX

HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
I'm as far to know that the sample for this is on the same Album as the "They reminisce over you" sample.I know it is only a 1 seconds long and I cant find it. Listened several times to the LP but I cant find it.Can someone tell me the song name from which this 1 second sample comes ???PeaceHawkeye

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I know P.R samples an Isley Bros. record for the main beat.

I forget which one though.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

For the main bassline, it's "Ain't I Been Good to You" by The Isley Brothers off the "3 + 3" LP. For the one asking the question, are you talking about the bassline or the horn line?

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    No, if I had talked about the bassline I had referenced the Isleys, I was talking about the 1 second hornline. That must be a Tom Scott sample, but I cant find it on the LP.

Peace
    Hawkeye

And Batmon, I TOOK THAT SHIT TO THE BREAKS, but it is not written there.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    isn't gerald wilson orchestra? Covering "california soul"?

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    isn't gerald wilson orchestra? Covering "california soul"?

Wasn't that A.D.O.R's "let it all hang out" track? and no, I didn't

Yes thats right, california soul was used for ADOR. I'm talking about another great Pete Rock beat. Public Enemys Shut Em Down remixed by ths Tru Master.

By the way, does anyone know what the sources are for the Das EFX Real HipHop remix he did, that joint was better than the original. And the Jump Around remix was great too. Cant belive that this man gave away some of his best beats just for remixes.

Peace
    Hawkeye

• planlessplanless 819 Posts

By the way, does anyone know what the sources are for the Das EFX Real HipHop remix he did, that joint was better than the original.

here??s the source,

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0ugh1z
    i deleted his singing, pure garbage if you ask me.
    if you need the whole song, say it.

Thanks man, I have to get that record. By the way, unbeliveable editing work that Pete Rock did there.

Peace
    Hawkeye

• _JULIUS__JULIUS_ 76 Posts
    I'm as far to know that the sample for this is on the same Album as the "They reminisce over you" sample.

I know it is only a 1 seconds long and I cant find it. Listened several times to the LP but I cant find it.

Can someone tell me the song name from which this 1 second sample comes ???

Peace
    Hawkeye
    I think the sample comes from "Never my love", near the end if I remember correctly. But Pete Rock has cut the bass of the original sample in order to put it on his own bass, thus it sounds a bit different which makes it hard to recognize.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Thanks man, I have to get that record. By the way, unbeliveable editing work that Pete Rock did there.

Peace
    Hawkeye

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Thanks, I'll check that over the weekend.

Peace
    Hawkeye