Seu Jorge live

Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
Any of you folls seen Seu Jorge on his current tour? If so, how was the show? We're going to see him tonight here in Seattle. Should be a great show!

Comments

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Not his current tour but saw him in London a few months back and he was just superb - have a great night.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    My gurl gave me tickets for my Bday... Looking forward to it.

Have fun brother

• Anybody seen the new dvd of his?

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    it's hard deciding between seu or the superstar jazz fusion thingamajig. I think I'm leaning towards seu though....

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    i saw him here in nyc last summer. i enjoyed his performance, but his band stole the show for me. he came out first and did about 30mins of accoustic stuff (like the 'life acquatic' Bowie cover's and such), but then he brought out his band and they did very upbeat songs.

an aside, i didn't expect to see as many nuevo hippies here as i did. i was kinda expecting the hipster/yipster contingent to be there b/c he was getting so much press for his bowie covers, but it was mainly people in bare feet.

grosseries.

enjoy the show, and stomp on some hippy toes for me.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

enjoy the show, and stomp on some hippy toes for me.

LOL! We will enjoy the show and if I see any hippies I will scream on them and tell them that the hommie jlee said to put some damn shoes on!

• Yo, I didn't know you were into Futbol..especially brasil!!!! Viva Brasil...I hang with mad barsilians from Sao Paulo...so we gotta kick one day about Brasil!!
    tchau
    amir

Yo, I didn't know you were into Futbol..especially brasil!!!! Viva Brasil...I hang with mad barsilians from Sao Paulo...so we gotta kick one day about Brasil!!
    tchau
    amir

Word! I like everything about Brasil hommie. The music, the women, the futbol, the food, the racing drivers, etc. I will be wearing a Ronaldo jersey to the show tonight. Believe dat!

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    I got tickets for tomorrows show in Vancouver, and it's my B-DAY! Should be a good day.

I'm glad to hear he's good live, looking forward to it, and I'll let ya'll know how it was.

• Special_EdSpecial_Ed 315 Posts
    Chan, I didn't know Seu was dropping through town. I saw Goapele lastnight @ Chop Suey... I might be persuaded back out to check Seu. What's up w/ an extra ticket homie?

I'm a college student!

Chan, I didn't know Seu was dropping through town. I saw Goapele lastnight @ Chop Suey... I might be persuaded back out to check Seu. What's up w/ an extra ticket homie?

I'm a college student!

Sorry mayne, no extra tickets. I usually always find a way to get on the guestlist as I HATE paying for shows! LOL. But there was no way I was gonna miss Seu Jorge so I bought two tickets yesterday. There are tickets at the door for $25.00. You might want to check and make sure it is not sold out yet. Show is at neumos on Capitol hall.

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts

I'm a college student!

Sorry mayne, no extra tickets. I usually always find a way to get on the guestlist as I HATE paying for shows! LOL. But there was no way I was gonna miss Seu Jorge so I bought two tickets yesterday. There are tickets at the door for $25.00. You might want to check and make sure it is not sold out yet. Show is at neumos on Capitol hall.

How was the show? We were going to go but my girl got heatstroke doing Bikram yoga!

Yes, how was it fool?

My gurl gonna enjoy herself???

• Oiiiiiiii!!! Tudo Bem!!!!!! Yeah, my man from Sao Paulo just sent me an official Ronaldho jersey...I was drinkin' mad bottles of brahma yesterday! I tell you man Brasilians know how to party. I hang up in East Harlem cause there is a HUGE Brasilian community up there...Mostly from Minas Gerias and Sao Paulo.
    amir

Yes, how was it fool?

My gurl gonna enjoy herself???

ATTENTION ALL FOLLS: DO NOT MISS SEU JORGE LIVE IN YOU CITY!

Seu Jorge show was INCREDIBLE! You and your gurl will LOVE IT!!!!!![/b]

• coldcutscoldcuts 388 Posts
    i saw him here in nyc last summer.

He's playing in NYC next weekend at Central Park Summerstage. I'm looking forward to attending. I just hope it turns out to be a nice day.

Here's the info if anyone is interested.

Seu Jorge, Jose Gonzalez, Alex Cuba Band, DJ Cut Chemist

Sunday, July 02, 2006
    From 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM
    Central Park SummerStage
    Free!

• navydadnavydad 30 Posts
    it's hard deciding between seu or the superstar jazz fusion thingamajig. I think I'm leaning towards seu though....

these shows are on thursday and friday, i'm going to both, and so should you,cuz they lowered the ticket price on the Jazz Fusion show with roy ayers, jean carne, lonnie liston smith, bobbi humphrey, jon lucien, wayne henderson. to see all of them for $34 is well worth it, IMO.

is Seu jorge doing ANY of the bowie covers on this tour? that'd be a nice treat.

gooooooooo summer!!!!!!!!

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    ATTENTION ALL FOLLS: DO NOT MISS SEU JORGE LIVE IN YOU CITY!

Seu Jorge show was INCREDIBLE! You and your gurl will LOVE IT!!!!!![/b]

HUGE cosign, saw the show last night. Great stuff, all around entertaining.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    is Seu jorge doing ANY of the bowie covers on this tour? that'd be a nice treat.

gooooooooo summer!!!!!!!!

He did "Ziggy Stardust" and "Rebel Rebel"

His band was as well.

This shit was hot!!!

SAMBA SOUL BROTHER #1[/b]

The best show I've seen in a longgg time. Make a point to check it out if you get the chance.

Aser, where were yas? I was holding down a spot for you!